Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to get credit after BK

tag
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Tried to get credit after BK

Hey there. Before I start with this post, I was in your shoes and I know what you are going through.  I highly recommend you read SoulMaster's thread on rebuilding credit. I used that as a basis for my rebuilding plan.  It does work, you have to put some effort and let time do its thing.

I strongly urge everyone try to utilize credit unions when possible. If you can't join Navy Federal Credit Union, then join State Department FCU. You can join SDFCU without being in the military or work in government. SDFCU offered a secured Visa and secured loans with HP's. Their secured Visa has no annual fee and a 6.9% APR. Don't worry it gets reported to all 3 CB's.  After you have at least 6 months of positive credit history, then try to apply for an unsecured card.

Hang in there,you can get credit, just give it time.  I went from a TU of 515 to 690. My chapter 7 was discharged in February 2012. Now I have a great mix of credit cards and loan balance.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.