Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to rebuild & Student loans

tag
firegrl607
Established Member

Trying to rebuild & Student loans

Does anyone know when student loans usually start reporting again after chapter 7 discharge (7/19/17)? Trying to rebuild but so far no luck. I've been researching and reading on here since for a while. My scores are super low and I'm hoping the student loans will help boost. TU 492 EQ 553 EX 581

Capital one and credit one are no go right now. Charge off right before I filed.

Wells Fargo secured -applied for had to verify address at the branch. Still waiting to hear.

Shopping cart trick not working. I was opted out so fixed that over the weekend, will take up to 5 days. Also burned Comenity and Synchrony.

Any ideas on where to go from here? Should I just be patient and wait? Slightly obsessed with improving my scores.
4 REPLIES 4
firegrl607
Established Member

Re: Trying to rebuild & Student loans

Also, I have checked all my reports. Everything seems to be reporting correctly.

I was trying to follow the BK to 700 but didn't get far.
Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Things will start to happen soon. Id call your student loan carrier, and ask them when they will start to report your acct as current again. Mine was with the next statement after my DC, which was almost a month later. That will help.

Being approved for the secured card with WF will also help a bunch. Getting a positive trade-in reporting asap will helps with scores, and then the student loans too.

Id wait until WF and your SL report, and then try again for Cap1. They are the most forgiving usually.

With Comenity....give it a week at least after you've opted back in and then try the SCT again with a few of the easier ones like VS, Wayfair, OS, Buckle. They may want  EQ scores at least 580+ though.

Hang in there, you're on the right track!!

Message 3 of 5
firegrl607
Established Member

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm trying my best to be patient.  I called WF - has been approved $500. Yay! It's a start.

I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week, so I'll probably wait to try to call Navient about my student loans when I get back. It has a due date of 8/18 for the next payment, but shows $0 due.

At least being out of town, I'll have my mind on something else for a week. :-)

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@firegrl607 wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm trying my best to be patient.  I called WF - has been approved $500. Yay! It's a start.

I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week, so I'll probably wait to try to call Navient about my student loans when I get back. It has a due date of 8/18 for the next payment, but shows $0 due.

At least being out of town, I'll have my mind on something else for a week. :-)

YAY! Thats wonderful! Congrats on the WF approval. Things will start looking up soon, as soon as you have positive tradelines starting to report. I would call Navient though since it shows you have a payment due date this month, even though it says $0.  Maybe sure you dont need to pay this month. Last thing you want to do post DC is have any negatives at allSmiley Happy 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.