Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Years Post Bankruptcy: VA Home Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Years Post Bankruptcy: VA Home Loan

I am very pleased to report that after being out of my bankruptcy for two years, keeping my debt to income ratio low and not missing any payments, I am now a homeowner!

I didn't think it would've been possible this soon but I got a $120,000 VA Home Loan at 3% interest. 

It is possible to achieve your financial dreams post bankruptcy, time is your best friend. 

Just make sure you stay responsible with credit. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Two Years Post Bankruptcy: VA Home Loan

Awesome! Congratulations!

Message 2 of 8
1prettyorchid
Contributor

That's awesome! Wtg!

I'm hoping I can do the same in 2 years. Dc is in 2 weeks. 

4/29/21 After BK
EX 578 EQ 573 TU 477

8/15/21 EX 640 EQ 637 TU 614

Capital One QS1 $4000

Navy Federal secured $300

Discover $1800
Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice! Congrats! Enjoy your new home. I also got a home 5.5 yrs after BK. This calls for the bay doors to open!

lights(1).gif

Message 4 of 8
bbeaver2013
Contributor

Congrats on your home purchase. I'm hoping to purchase my first home this time next year my bk7 will be discharged 2 years on 07/06/2022. I will probably have to do a fha loan and refinance when my bk hits the 4 year mark. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We hit two years post bankruptcy on 5/2021. We can buy up to $600k but we're under contract on a $350k purchase. The VA loan is awesome!

Message 6 of 8
twono
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!  I'll be 2 yrs post DC on Oct. 1 and am looking to buy a home as well.  But this housing market is insane.  I may buy 1-3 acres and build on it when the housing market comes back down to reality.  

Message 7 of 8
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@twono wrote:

Awesome!  I'll be 2 yrs post DC on Oct. 1 and am looking to buy a home as well.  But this housing market is insane.  I may buy 1-3 acres and build on it when the housing market comes back down to reality.  

I'm in the same boat, I'll be two years post Chapter 13 discharge in March (although the bankruptcy itself will fall off my reports in January), and I'll be looking to buy a new house next year as well, and like you, I'll be waiting for a little reality to settle into the housing market.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.