cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* A few questions to kick start my rebuild?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A few questions to kick start my rebuild?!?

They are HP happy so you better assume a HP and be happy if it’s not if you do.
Message 11 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a necessity but I have read on here that this bank, just like Capital One, likes heavy usage and multiple monthly payments. So I just run any and everything, purchases, and all my memberships and subscriptions through the cards. I've been doing that with the Capital One but with a couple of days delay on things posting I am making payments every day or two, pif every time, because of the low limit. I would rather just pay it off once a week if there was more credit available. I'll just alternate the two cards to make it simple and do without the risk of another pull.

Message 12 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @Anonymous , that is definitely good to know. I've already signed the loan docs and see the money back in my account from the loan although the loan isn't showing up in my accounts yet for payments, etc. I'll just wait until it hits my credit report and shows the full amount then pay it down and let it ride. It will report to all three bureaus, correct?

Also, once I pay the $2,700 ish payment will that money be returned to my savings account again, or is it held until the loan is pif in 5 years? If that makes sense.

Message 13 of 79
Beilin
Established Member

@Anonymous 

Capital one definitely likes heavy usage and will penalize you for not using your card enough but Navy not as much. There's posts of people with very little usage on their cards receiving early graduations and auto CLIs. I do agree with @Anonymous  post above and I think it might just be best to leave it. 

Filed bk7 05/19
Discharged 08/19

Starting FICO8 Scores 05/19:
EX 462 EQ 474 TU 495
Current Scores FICO8 07/20:
EX 651 EQ 672 TU 659
Message 14 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, @Anonymous , that is definitely good to know. I've already signed the loan docs and see the money back in my account from the loan although the loan isn't showing up in my accounts yet for payments, etc. I'll just wait until it hits my credit report and shows the full amount then pay it down and let it ride. It will report to all three bureaus, correct?

Also, once I pay the $2,700 ish payment will that money be returned to my savings account again, or is it held until the loan is pif in 5 years? If that makes sense.

It's unfrozen as you pay it down, so it'll be accessible again in your savings

Message 15 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect! It sounds like I am good to go for a while. Let the credit score growth begin!

Message 16 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous sorry for the delay but as stated, as you pay it down, they release the same amount of funds you pay down. So basically your money is only tied up for a very short time except for the 9%. 

Yes that's correct and yes it will report to all three bureaus. You're good to go it sounds like! You're in for some nice score returns.

I would recommend staying in the garden for 12 months at a minimum. But for best score across all versions, 5 cards is best, imho, so you might look around and see if there's 2 more cards you want and if so hit the go button when the card you just got turns 12 months old. It's best to go ahead and get them and get it over with and then stay in the garden, because the longer you're in the garden, the better your ages get.

Would be nice for you to contribute your data points as the third card reports and as the SSL reports and as the paydown reports! We would be grateful, and if possible try to hold utilisation and number of accounts constant if you can based on reporting date, so the DPs are not conflated, if possible.

Message 17 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah congratulations!
Message 18 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. That's what i plan to do. I'm just going to wait and see what Capital One offers after using the QS for a good while as my primary and pif, and also hopeful NFCU graduates me to an unsecured with a nice CL increase in 6-7 months. I just got My FICO Premier so I'll make sure to update you all as i go monthly. Still trying to figure out the signatures but i have the thread for that to go through. I won't have my starting point post bk but will have it from this month out.  

Message 19 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is where I am 4 months post bk with only 2 credit cards reporting, both 0% utilization.

My Fico Premier

Equifax: FICO 8 - 623, FICO 9 - 670

Transunion: FICO 8 - 611, FICO 9 - 624

Experian: Fico 8 - 610, Fico 9 647

Credit Karma shows TU as 652 and Equifax 673 which I know doesn't matter but maybe it'll help some people see a difference with the real picture.

TU has 3 hp's (including the new NFCU pull), Equifax has 2, Experian shows 8 (half of those are from a car purchase in 2018)

Message 20 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.