Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE TO PURCHASE PRE-CHAP 7 DISCHARGE

tag
Whew
Valued Member

UPDATE TO PURCHASE PRE-CHAP 7 DISCHARGE

Hello.  I just wanted to update the board that my DH was able to finance a vehicle with HSBC Auto 1 week before our chapter 7 was discharged.  There is hope!  Now, if we can only get a cc.  Right now we only have 1 trade line.  I've read somewhere that we need at least 3.

Have a great day.

T
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE TO PURCHASE PRE-CHAP 7 DISCHARGE

Ask HSBC for a cc, since they approved your car loan I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.  Plus they sent me many many offers for credit cards in the months after my discharge.  I would try to wait 90 days and you may well get a no annual fee offer.   Or you can ask them and tell them you need a no AF card or no deal.

There is also Capital One and Juniper who tend to offer cards to recently discharged individuals, so try both of these.  But try to hold out for the no annual fee cards, so you can build history and not be tempted to close the cards out once you become a prime borrower again and the Chases, Bank of Americas and even AMEXs come calling.
Message 2 of 3
Whew
Valued Member

Re: UPDATE TO PURCHASE PRE-CHAP 7 DISCHARGE

Great.  Thank you!

Tonya
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.