rule is 48 months from FILING date     

I took the Experian hit.   711 score

food for thought 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditMagic7
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank denial after ch7

Thank You for sharing what you came away with from one of their senior analyst in correspondence.

I wonder regarding their Secured Cards (which DO graduate) if it is simplier more available in comparison.

Message 2 of 5
TryItAgain
Contributor

I got my $5000 US Bank secured just 1 month after my 2012 bk discharged. They said would not be eligible to flip it to unsecured until 5 yrs.

5 yrs after, I made the call, underwriter handled it manually into the 5% rotating 2 category cashback unsecured card, and sent me a cashiers check with interest for my 5k. I've used it ever since for utilities and cell bills.

If you do get the secured card and can afford the 5k max, do it if you don't already have larger limit cards. It seems to help new cards start higher after some history reports. YMMV.

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

They must have lowered the time frame, because as of recent its 5 yrs post filing. I filed 05/2013, applied in June 2017, declined..told 5 years. reapplied in 06/2108...approved. I also had opened a business account with them when I applied. One month later approved for a business card. Still have them all.

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013...I'm in the home stretch now!
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

@MyDataMyChoiceIs this for the unsecured card? Two yrs after filing if they werent burned? What other cards do you have that arent displaying? Says 96k but the cards say 61k. I thought they were off limits with a BK.

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.