Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Applications and BK13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Applications and BK13

Hello All!

I just got off the phone with a very nice gentleman in the loans/credit card department

of USAA. Since my brother is also a USAA member based on my prior military service,

I asked if he would be hindered in any way from applying for risk based products due

to my BK13 status. The answer is a resounding No. My brother is free to apply on his

own, and his approval/denial is based solely on his own data (DTI ratio, annual salary,

years on the job, FICO score, etc).

I also asked which credit report USAA pulls. To my surprise, the USAA rep told me

they now pull Experian - not Equifax. When I asked how long this change has been

in place, his reply was that it's been "at least 2 or 3 years now." Of course, YMMV.

But I was surprised to learn that USAA now pulls Experian. If anyone else would like to

chime in and verify what I'm saying with their own social proof, feel free to do so.

But the major point of this thread is that family members of USAA members now

in bankruptcy are not effected by the BK status. They'll be approved/denied on

their own merit.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Applications and BK13

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All!

I just got off the phone with a very nice gentleman in the loans/credit card department

of USAA. Since my brother is also a USAA member based on my prior military service,

I asked if he would be hindered in any way from applying for risk based products due

to my BK13 status. The answer is a resounding No. My brother is free to apply on his

own, and his approval/denial is based solely on his own data (DTI ratio, annual salary,

years on the job, FICO score, etc).

I also asked which credit report USAA pulls. To my surprise, the USAA rep told me

they now pull Experian - not Equifax. When I asked how long this change has been

in place, his reply was that it's been "at least 2 or 3 years now." Of course, YMMV.

But I was surprised to learn that USAA now pulls Experian. If anyone else would like to

chime in and verify what I'm saying with their own social proof, feel free to do so.

But the major point of this thread is that family members of USAA members now

in bankruptcy are not effected by the BK status. They'll be approved/denied on

their own merit.

Thank you for the update! My older brother served in the Marines and he currently has NFCU, unfortunately I burned them in my BK13. I really WISH my brother joined or WOULD join USAA so I can try and get my foot in the door with them. I’m going to see if I can bribe him! LOL j/k

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.