cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA is still billing electronically after filling/discharged bankruptcy (ch7)

tag
shaneemkh
Established Member

USAA is still billing electronically after filling/discharged bankruptcy (ch7)

I filled for BK in April 2016. I had two credit card with USAA. One was a student one I had in school for $300 and one was an American Express one of $6000. I doubt these details matter but I mentioned it because it's weird to me that one activity would cease during and after BK and the other did not. After filling BK all activity ceased and it was until after I was discharged in August that I noticed that USAA was still sending me electronic bills for the American Express card. In September I thought maybe they're still getting notice of the BK but all activity for the student one credit card ceased. Same bank. Not to mention I USAA stop sending the american express statments from the month of Feb, March, and April. So I sent them a message a few days ago and tried sending them my bankruptcy information. I get their emails every month letting me know my statements are ready for viewing. The American Express statments show as if I'm still late and they're adding money to the amount owed every month. I filled pro se. I'm really unhappy with USAA right now. I hate I burned them but I couldnt pick and choose. Has anyone had issues with creditors sending statements trying to collect money? And all my debt was discharged.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA is still billing electronically after filling/discharged bankruptcy (ch7)

@shaneemkh wrote:

I filled for BK in April 2016. I had two credit card with USAA. One was a student one I had in school for $300 and one was an American Express one of $6000. I doubt these details matter but I mentioned it because it's weird to me that one activity would cease during and after BK and the other did not. After filling BK all activity ceased and it was until after I was discharged in August that I noticed that USAA was still sending me electronic bills for the American Express card. In September I thought maybe they're still getting notice of the BK but all activity for the student one credit card ceased. Same bank. Not to mention I USAA stop sending the american express statments from the month of Feb, March, and April. So I sent them a message a few days ago and tried sending them my bankruptcy information. I get their emails every month letting me know my statements are ready for viewing. The American Express statments show as if I'm still late and they're adding money to the amount owed every month. I filled pro se. I'm really unhappy with USAA right now. I hate I burned them but I couldnt pick and choose. Has anyone had issues with creditors sending statements trying to collect money? And all my debt was discharged.

When was your bankruptcy discharged. You need to check your paperwork to make sure those USAA accounts were included. Depending on where you are located, there may be a specialized letter that will need to be sent along with your discharged paperwork. You can call the bankruptcy court or trustee to find out.

I would also call their bankruptcy department to get this resolved.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 3
shaneemkh
Established Member

Re: USAA is still billing electronically after filling/discharged bankruptcy (ch7)

Thanks for the response. I'm a little confused by it because I had two accounts in the bankruptcy with USAA. And it shows they recieved notice of the BK. I was discharged Aug 17 2016. I was going to send them the paper work. But this account was included as well. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.