cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Update 1/7) Order of Discharge Granted!

tag
Harriet
New Contributor

Re: (Update 9/25) Submitting documents to filing time frame?

That’s great!
Message 11 of 19
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: (Update 10/9) Submitting documents to filing time frame?

Finally got my BK7 filed (10/7) and today I received notice of the MOC which will be on 11/7, just 30 days after the filing date!  I was thinking that the MOC would be about 2 months from filing, so I'm happy about this.  Another part of the 2 page notification stated deadlines for creditors filing objections to either the discharge of an item or objection to the exemption of an item as being 1/6/20 for discharge or 30 days from the MOC for exemptions, which will be 12/7/19.  Could this possibly mean that they may file discharge around 1/7/20 if there are no objections (there should not be any)?  

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey this is awesome ! Im on track to file around the middle of next month. But to answer your question I would think the discharge would be around that time unless the courts in your area are backed up or something like that around that time. Most people here say about 60 days from your MOC but could be a little longer just depending on the courts 

Message 13 of 19
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hey this is awesome ! Im on track to file around the middle of next month. But to answer your question I would think the discharge would be around that time unless the courts in your area are backed up or something like that around that time. Most people here say about 60 days from your MOC but could be a little longer just depending on the courts 

I have heard the same thing, but also many people have said their MOC was also about 2 months after filing.  It's possible that my region is just not backlogged like some are.  Good luck with yours.  I will be watching for your posts.

Message 14 of 19
twono
Frequent Contributor

My DC was 98 days from day of filing...or 69 days from MOC.

My 7 was/is a bit of a complicated asset case which cost close to $4000.  I had to provide quite a few additional docs, made amendments to my schedules, explain/show/produce docs as to why i paid a creditor $10k within the $600 in 90 days threshold, etc....and it still was DC'd rather timely.

But, i still haven't turned over the assets (vehicles) that i'm surrendering to the trustee.

I live in a large-ish city with all the major sports teams.  Not sure if a big city makes for a faster process or not.

Message 15 of 19
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: (Update 1/7) Order of Discharge Granted!

Updated to add Order of Case Closed & Discharge Granted! (1/7)

Just logged into pacer and saw two orders dated this morning, one order for the case closed and one for the discharge granted!  I think I may be able to sleep again at night!

Thank you to all of you who have been such a library of information, help, and sometimes a shoulder to lean on!
Message 16 of 19
Harriet
New Contributor

That is good news!  Congrats!

Message 17 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Now keep checking your reports and make sure all accounts list as IIB and $0 balance. Then grab your scores and see how much they went up. This could take up the 30 days in some cases. See you in the rebuild sub forum!

Message 18 of 19
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats. Now keep checking your reports and make sure all accounts list as IIB and $0 balance. Then grab your scores and see how much they went up. This could take up the 30 days in some cases. See you in the rebuild sub forum!

Thanks, FireMedic1.  This morning I had 1 alert from EX that my BK had updated to Discharged, with a 20pt increase, and EQ also updated to Discharge and about 15 of my accounts updated to zero bal, no lates reported, chapter 7.  Is there some sort of automatic update that creditors can use to change the status when the BK updates like that? Hard to believe they all did it at the same time.  No news yet from TU, but should be soon!  See ya in the rebuilding forum!

(Thank you, Harriet!)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.