cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Starting Rebuild 6/7/17 Complete, Now in Garden.

tag
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Update: Starting Rebuild 6/7/17 Complete, Now in Garden.

So today Pacer shows discharged from my chap 7 filed 3/1/17!

Read through a lot of these posts and decided to start my rebuild process. 

Decided my best course of action is to log my progress so I have a place to look back up and constantly update, while. seeking advice from you great people here.

I decided I was going to file and went and talked to a lawyer, they told me to just stop making all payments and file when ready. I was also going through a Divorce so I needed money, I probably should have just kept making minimums but I did not so a lot of my creditors charged-off my accounts since I didnt make payments on anything for 6 months. No collections made it to my credit report before filing so all accounts are listed as IIB/$0. No collections on reports.

Discharged 6/7/17

Starting Scores:

Equifax: 563

TransUnion: 536

Experian: 524

6/7/17:

App'd Secure Discover - approved! - instant decision went for $2500 SL

App'd Capital One Platinum - 7-10 day message - called backdoor number was told I needed to fax income verification which I did promptly. Approved 6/22 $1000 SL

6/21/17:

App'd Military Star Card - approved $3900 SL

8/06/17

Equifax Deleted my bankruptcy score went from 620 down to 576.

9/10/17

Equifax deleted some baddies that were reporting incorrectly because of deleted bankruptcy Fico 8 jumped to 675

I decided to apply for Pen Fed Power Cash Rewards

Application sent to loan officer for review. I called and checked status and I was Approved!

Current Status as of 10/2/17

Scores:

Equifax : 703

TransUnion: 642

Experian: 620

1 Federal Student loan in deferred status while I am going back to school.

Secured Discover $2500

Capital One $1000 credit steps to $1500 at 5th statement

Military Star Card $3900

PenFed PowerCash Rewards $500SL recon'd to $2500 and got a PLOC of $500 thrown in.

Bank of America Cash Rewards $1500

Total Credit limit 

$11,900

Goals

- All Scores 700+

- Get back in with Chase

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting Rebuild 6/7/17

Update:

In the interest of getting 3 revolvers hopefully. I app'd for a Military Star Card ( I burned them in bk ). I am retired so still eligible for the card.  After reading through the forums I have noticed that they are BK friendly even if you burned them but you have to call to get your SSN unblocked. I called customer support and asked to get my SSN unblocked and the rep told me it is automatic after 90 days from discharge. She also gave me the number to the BK dept ( they don't answer their phones but you leave a message and they call you back in 24-48 hrs). They called me back and removed the block on my SSN no questions even though it's only been 2 weeks. I applied online it said processing and to wait for the mail to arrive with decision and a number to call to check on status. I called the number and they told me I was approved for $3900 SL.

I also updated first post with information.

Message 2 of 23
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:
Congrats on the approvals!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with your rebuild!
Message 5 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Off to a good startSmiley Happy Thanks for your service and Best of luck on your new journeySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Off to a good startSmiley Happy Thanks for your service and Best of luck on your new journeySmiley Happy

Thanks!

Latest update:

Capital One Platinum went from pending to APPROVED! $1000 SL.

Now its time to sit back and try to clean up my reports a little before I app for Pen Fed and hoping to get back in with Chase in a few years for my 5th revolver and Ill be all done. Hoping to grow my limits.

Message 7 of 23
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats again!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 23
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Latest Update:

I noticed some of the dates listed on my BK were wrong on my credit reports so I sent a Method of Verification (MOV) letter to all 3 bureaus asking them to send me the records they have on file to verify the information about the BK. To my surpise Equifax just deleted the BK from my report! Waiting for updates to the other bureaus though.

Message 9 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

Latest Update:

I noticed some of the dates listed on my BK were wrong on my credit reports so I sent a Method of Verification (MOV) letter to all 3 bureaus asking them to send me the records they have on file to verify the information about the BK. To my surpise Equifax just deleted the BK from my report! Waiting for updates to the other bureaus though.

Dont get too excited...Its only gone temporarily, they will verify the true dates with the courts, and then reinsert the BK with all the correct information including your attorneys name,  lol (happened to me 4 yrs ago).  If you happen to be a very very lucky individual who happens to not have it reinserted, then thats awesome.  But...I wouldnt get excited just yet....Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.