Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usaa

tag
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

Usaa

If you didn’t include them in a bk7 how long until they approve you? When I click offers it says invite to apply.

What score do they require?

Anyone not include them in bk and get an approval for cc? Loan? Auto?

Only research I’m finding is from people who include the and have to wait 5-7 years.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Googypup

Re: Usaa

We were discharged for 22 days I applied for secure card. I was scared to try for unsecure was approved right away. I know it does not change to unsecure I figured I would trying in maybe 6 months after they report along with my discover secure reports.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Begin_anew1 wrote:
If you didn’t include them in a bk7 how long until they approve you? When I click offers it says invite to apply.

Only research I’m finding is from people who include the and have to wait 5-7 years.

See my signature.  I was able to get two cards from them.  I tried for a personal loan and was denied.  Probably becuase I have been applying for things lol

Message 3 of 8
MrDJSeattle
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Begin_anew1 wrote:

See my signature.  I was able to get two cards from them.  I tried for a personal loan and was denied.  Probably becuase I have been applying for things lol

@Anonymous - is your USAA AMX secured or unsecured?  I already have a Visa Unsecured with them and a Visa Secured.  The Visa Secured is going away at the end of 2018 because the CD is going to mature and I am looking to grow my portfolio by one more card.  Interested to hear your experience.

08/2016 - BK 7 - Filing
11/2016 - BK7 - DC
08/2019 - EQ716 // EX709 // TU687 (FICO8)
NFCU GoRewards (Unsecured) - $11,500 (Auto graduated 12/2017, CLI +$3K 8/2018)
USAA Platinum (Unsecured) - $21,000 (CLI 1K to 3K 1/2018, CLI +$6.5K 8/2018, +9.5K 8/2019)
USAA Cash Rewards (Secured) - $5,000
Nordstrom Retail Card (Unsecured) - $800 (CLI +$300 7/2018)
Credit One (Unsecured) - $1000
Amazon Store Card (Unsecured) - $3,800 12/2018
Chase Sapphire Reserve - Auth user (Unsecured) - $30,500 3/2019
Message 4 of 8
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

VoltaicShock,

How
Long after filing bankruptcy did you apply? And what were your scores?
Message 5 of 8
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

MrDjSeattle,

What were your scores when you got your USAA platinum?

Do you think getting the secured card first helped with your approval?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDJSeattle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Begin_anew1 wrote:

@Anonymous - is your USAA AMX secured or unsecured?  I already have a Visa Unsecured with them and a Visa Secured.  The Visa Secured is going away at the end of 2018 because the CD is going to mature and I am looking to grow my portfolio by one more card.  Interested to hear your experience.

They are both unsecured.  I had a secured one but closed it.  BTW the card will not go away you will have to ask for the moeny back.  You can leave it open and use it.  You decide when you want to close it.  I closed mine just because.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Begin_anew1 wrote:
VoltaicShock,

How
Long after filing bankruptcy did you apply? And what were your scores?

About 3 months after it was discharged.  

Scores:

Equifax: 671

Transunion: 660

Experian: 680

I think they use Experian.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.