Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFFNB - credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFFNB - credit cards

Just an FYI -

Called victoria secret credit card number after I called to see if they would approve/not approve due to bankruptcy.  The lady said she wasn't sure.  I went ahead and applied (Stupid, I know).  I got the 7-10 day message.  I couldn't contain my anticipation so I called and said that, "oops, my daughter hit the keyboard and I am not sure if the app went thru".  They said to call a different number.  I called and it turned out to be the bank of WFFNB (world first financial).  Talk to the lady and found out I was declined.  Says they do NOT extend credit card offers to anyone with a bankruptcy.

So, make sure you know who issues the "store" credit cards.  I know that WFFNB also handles - Express, Limited, Limited Too and now know they handle Victoria Secrets. 

Just a heads up so nobody else has to apply just to get shot down.  (I even had accounts with them before the bankruptcy with a perfect record.... paid them off and closed them in full before filing)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
missy42
Regular Contributor

Re: WFFNB - credit cards

Also FYI GEMB is another one that is not bk friendly if you bk'd one of their cards they hold Wal-Mart, Dillard's, Macy's, Sam's Club, Belk's just to name a few.  I bk'd Target and Walmart and so far I've ben unable to get any store cards.  My guess is I'm being black balled.

Thanks for the info on WFFNB.

missy42
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 2 of 3
mila

Re: WFFNB - credit cards

I got a target guest card with a 200 dollar credit limit after my BK. I filed in 2007 and applied in 2008. They approved me. I also got a best buy rewards card with a 300 Cl and a few more to name a few.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.