Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting and waiting and waiting...

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Waiting and waiting and waiting...

We made the last payment on our chapter 13 case in March.  Our case was closed 5/18/16.  The final forms were filed on June 29th.  It is taking so long for this discharge to get here.  We are playing a waiting game with our car.  I don't know how long it will last.  I've been on Pacer but don't really know how to read much of the information on the site.  I do know that I can't see anything pertaining to a discharge on PACER.  I've called the trustee and our lawyer.  They both say that we've done all that can be done and now it's up to the courts.  Just feeling down.  The waiting game is hard.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jmclaughlin1982
Established Member

Re: Waiting and waiting and waiting...

I went bk7 and it was only 4 months....I can only imagine how it must feel after years!
That being said, don't let the wait get you down.
I would recommend you talk to your trustee and lawyer and see if you can begin your rebuild. You probably won't be able to qualify for unsecured credit, but you could get a secured credit card or loan. Either way it can't hurt to ask.
No matter what though, just keep your head up. The process will be over really soon and you can fully begin your rebuild process.
Congrats on finishing up your ch13 though. It is a great thing to be done with the process, even if you have to wait for the official DC.
Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.
BK7 filed 3/23/2016 DC 6/20/2016

Current Credit
Ally Auto-$17000| Credit Builder Loan-$1000| Secured Loan-$1000| Cap 1 Secured-$400| Kohl's-$300| Milestone-$300| Gettington/Webbank-$500

AU- Chase Freedom-$500| Cap 1 QS-$500| Amex-$2000| Walmart-$910| Target Card-$300| Kohl's-$300| Credit 1-$300
Message 2 of 6
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Yay!  Thanks to another contributer's thread, I learned how to better navigate pacer and saw that I got my discharge 2 days ago (the day I started this discussion).  Yay!  I'm so happy!!

Message 3 of 6
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations !
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 6
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on your Discharge!

Have you developed Goals and a Strategy with a Time line to achieve them?

This is a great place to gather info to compose one which will work for you based upon who you are and your circumstances & needs.

* fellow 13 there!

Best Wishes ! ! !

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.