Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for my lawyer to finish paperwork and file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for my lawyer to finish paperwork and file

I had built up good credit, and probably went a little overboard. Former Company shut down. Then my wife got a job offer in FL. I came after I had a job lined up. Spent all our cash to move for deposits and trucks. Well my job fell through and 4 months later I took a job making 30% less. Needless to say everything fell apart. I paid the lawyer last week to file a CH7, and he said we should be good. They just called and said he should have it ready to sign and file this Wed. Now I am worried it wont go through due to income. We are in FL where the median income is listed at 85k for a family of 5, and currently we are at 73k. I am still afraid we will get forced in to CH13. Do I have anything to worry about?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for my lawyer to finish paperwork and file

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the confusion, but the income drop was almost 2 years ago, and I havent gotten back to that level yet. I actually like my current job and boss. When I knew I would have to file eventually I just stayed put, and will till the dust settles. Unfortunatly my boss is retiring in June 2020 and it will probably be time to move on.

My lawyer seemed like income wouldnt be an issue. I just wondered if anyone else is around my income and family size and wheather they had any issues.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@House2016 -  You're under the amount, and have been for 2 yrs.  You'll be fine.  I've only had a reduction for the last 5 months... #Worried

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As of May 2019 for a family of 5 in Fl is $87,833.00. Your well below that by $14,000. No worries. Good luck on your filing to DC. Hope it will all be smooth sailing. You'll be fine.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.