Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on Discharge

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Waiting on Discharge

My 60 days for the creditors to object was December 24, 2013. As of today I still have not been discharged.

Based off of you guys experience does it always take weeks after the 60 day mark before your discharged. My meeting if the creditors went well. No one showed up and the trustee didn't request anything additional. When I log o. To pacer I see that a few days after the meeting he requested to he released that no money is available.

Getting a little nervous here.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Waiting on Discharge

Sassy, I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would venture to say the holidays have played a minor part in the delay of discharge.

With that being said, it is possible one of your creditors have objected to your discharge, but, if you have an attorney representing you, you would know about this by now.

You should sign up for a free PACER account so you can check the status.  They bill you at 0.10/page, but if you have less than $15.00 in charges per quarter, then it is free.  It is very valuable and useful to see all of the notes tied to your case.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Sassy, I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would venture to say the holidays have played a minor part in the delay of discharge.

With that being said, it is possible one of your creditors have objected to your discharge, but, if you have an attorney representing you, you would know about this by now.

You should sign up for a free PACER account so you can check the status.  They bill you at 0.10/page, but if you have less than $15.00 in charges per quarter, then it is free.  It is very valuable and useful to see all of the notes tied to your case.

Couldn't agree more Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 14
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I didn't take into consideration the holidays.

Thanks for your responses. I have a Pacer account and I checked no one objected to the discharge.
Message 4 of 14
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

One other question, did you complete the post-filing financial education course?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 14
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I completed the course and filed proof the day of my hearing.
Message 6 of 14
EmmaLogan
New Visitor

Have you received your discharge yet?  Our last payment to trustee was made 12/17,  the trustee completed the audit, the objection deadline was 1/27.  I need to buy a car but are waiting on the discharge.  

Message 7 of 14
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

My last day to object to discharge was on 2/4 - so I am patiently waiting (and by patiently, I am stalking PACER three times day) for my discharge to happen.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 8 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I filed ch7 in 9/12 and my discharged was issues 4/13 ... that's about seven months.

Message 9 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ezdriver wrote:

I filed ch7 in 9/12 and my discharged was issues 4/13 ... that's about seven months.

EZ yours was a little longer than the average. My attorney told me the average from filing to discharge is 90 to 120 days. I filed at the end of Sept (08) and received the discharge Jan 6th (09).

It does depend upon your district and the number of filings though. Plus, you are in a tough district (Middle Distict in Fl). The trustees are more difficult in your district than elsewhere.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.