Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have our MOC meeting Thursday!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have our MOC meeting Thursday!

Good morning All - 

We have our MOC meeting this Thursday over the phone. I am really nervous I know somewhat to expect by ya'lls posts. 

Our lawyer sent us a list of possible questions but they are many which is scary. Anyone had ther MOC meeting recently in Texas? How many questions did they ask? Also my husband started work this past month, which is awesome I just don't know if this will change our case. He makes less and hour than me but works way more hours so we bring home about the same amount. When we filed he hadn't been able to get a job and laid of from one and hadn't been employed in over a year. Also Christmas is coming up and I will be asking lawyer if we can buy presents at least for our kids but I would like to hear ya'll opinions or experiences. I do not plan on spending on big items. Example. one of my kids wants a $45 sweater (thats a want to me only because I know I can get a cheaper sweater). My kids bikes were also stolen last year and I thought now that husband is working maybe we could by them bikes. Bike run about $130 at walmart. I have 3 teenagers.

thank you in AdvaNCE!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: We have our MOC meeting Thursday!

Well don't worry about the MOC it will be over quick, they generally just ask a few quick questions if the case is not complex. I do not live in Texas but pretty sure most MOC are about the same as long as the case didn't have any issues. Bankruptcy is a snippet in time is what my lawyer explained to me he said after I filed if I got a better paying job that would not hinder the discharge. About 2 months from filing I decided to start my own company and had my MOC a few weeks later and wasn't even asked about work. As far as buying gifts for your children, the trustee already has what bank statements are needed so I think it would be okay to get them some gifts,other's will chime in and help hopefully as well. 

Lastly congrats, you are almost to the end and discharge will come before you know it!

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Hopefully our MOC will be quick and easy. 

Message 3 of 10
angelofmusic86
Frequent Contributor

I got a promotion at work for a hair under 20% pay increase after filing and wasn't even asked about it, other than by my lawyer so he had all the info.

As far as the presents, I'd ask your lawyer, but I would think you're good.

Edit: The MOC should be painless, but good luck!

CH7 Filed 05.01.2020; Discharged 10.21.2020

10.22.2020 FICO8 Scores: EQ 615 TU 560 EX 581
06.28.2023 FICO8 Scores: EQ 663 TU 663 EX 661

Rebuild progress: Kohl's $3,000; CapitalOne QS $0AF $3,600; CreditOne Rewards $700; CapitalOne Walmart MC $3,000; Overdraft Line $250; PenFed PCR $10,000; Kemba Visa $3,500; CreditOne $0AF AMEX $1,500; Target RedCard $1,200; paid off reaffirmed car loan!; Wells Fargo Active Cash $1,500; Comenity Ultamate Rewards MC $4,250; CapitalOne Savor One $3,000; Amazon Store Card $3,600; CareCredit $7,400; Synchrony TJ Maxx Mastercard $3,500; Well's Fargo Reflect Visa $3,500; Levin Furniture $7,400
Gardening until December 2023.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'm thinking you are correct. I am still waiting on the response from our attorney's paralegal. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So update. We got all of our answers and everything seems okay. However now that my husband has an income they are saying we technically wouldn't pass the means test Smiley Sad  Since its after filing the paralegal said she would get back to me to see if this changes anything. Oh goodness I am so worried. I forgot to ask her if the count the income before taxes becuase the amount she said we bring home a month seems like pre-tax to me. Anyone know? I am going to ask her when she gets back to me either way. Wish us luck!

Message 6 of 10
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

I had my MOC back in April/May in Texas. I did mine pro se and needed to have a second one. The actual questions weren't that many and it was to confirm that all of the information that I submitted was correct. He stated that they would abandon my assets and good luck in the future. Actual "meeting" took about 7 minutes. Received my discharge in June.

Message 7 of 10
angelofmusic86
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So update. We got all of our answers and everything seems okay. However now that my husband has an income they are saying we technically wouldn't pass the means test Smiley Sad  Since its after filing the paralegal said she would get back to me to see if this changes anything. Oh goodness I am so worried. I forgot to ask her if the count the income before taxes becuase the amount she said we bring home a month seems like pre-tax to me. Anyone know? I am going to ask her when she gets back to me either way. Wish us luck!

Hope the meeting goes well today!  But, they way my attorney explained it, they look at your financials as a snapshot of the day you file and six months prior, so I think your husband's income after filing shouldn't impact your case now.  However, definitely listen to whatever your attorney says.

I think they look at the total before taxes, but calculate the taxes on one of the schedules.

CH7 Filed 05.01.2020; Discharged 10.21.2020

10.22.2020 FICO8 Scores: EQ 615 TU 560 EX 581
06.28.2023 FICO8 Scores: EQ 663 TU 663 EX 661

Rebuild progress: Kohl's $3,000; CapitalOne QS $0AF $3,600; CreditOne Rewards $700; CapitalOne Walmart MC $3,000; Overdraft Line $250; PenFed PCR $10,000; Kemba Visa $3,500; CreditOne $0AF AMEX $1,500; Target RedCard $1,200; paid off reaffirmed car loan!; Wells Fargo Active Cash $1,500; Comenity Ultamate Rewards MC $4,250; CapitalOne Savor One $3,000; Amazon Store Card $3,600; CareCredit $7,400; Synchrony TJ Maxx Mastercard $3,500; Well's Fargo Reflect Visa $3,500; Levin Furniture $7,400
Gardening until December 2023.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for your responses. Thank God our meeting went well at fast as everyone said. No creditors were on the line. And there was another couple for their own meeting but we were up first. Yay now just to wait for discharge, which i was told is taking 45-60 days due to covid. But we are relieved today went well!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you just have to hurry up and wait 

😂

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.