cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird move made by Discover

tag
segita

Weird move made by Discover

So my wife and I filed on 10/10/2019, had moc 11/08/2019 and Pacer has last day of objection to discharge 01/07/2020. I have disputed wrong information, to clean up my reports, such as addresses and phone numbers. I never disputed Discover because I do have a legitimate debt with them, but they deleted. It's as if we never had a relationship. They where included in our chapter 7. Should I be expecting them to re-add the account to my reports? I believe the tradeline was due to age off my reports toward the end of 2020, could they have just been nice and deleted it earlier? What are my chances of getting back in with them after discharge? Any advice is appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Weird move made by Discover

Having been recently discharged (75 days ago), i can tell you your reprts will be all over the place...Accts disappearing, reappearing, payment history there one day, gone the next....etc.  So don't look into Disco being gone as meaning too much at all.  Just because it's not on your credit reports during and or post BK, surely doesn't mean that youure not on their naughty list.  You'll be on a 1 yr timeout before they consider letting you back in i believe.  My take is who cares about getting back in with a certain creditor.  I feel guilty for burning 35+ banks and won't apply for any bank that i burned

Youll be advised by the experts to just relax and don't expect anything to settle down til 30 days after DC, but ive been getting acct updates 60 day post DC.

Whenever i saw something out of the ordinary on my reports during my BK, i too came here and asked questions....the consensus is relax, and just let the credit reporting gawds do their thing.

Congrats and good luck.

Message 2 of 4
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

I burned Discover for $4,200 in a CH7. After discharge I applied for their secured card and was denied. The only reason on the denial was -Bankruptcy. Nothing about the previous relationship.  I applied again for the secured card about 18 months post-DC and was still denied for bankruptcy. I didn't do anything fraudulant. Unrelated, Capital One approved immediately post-DC for $1,000 on a Platinum MC. I was also approved for VS by Comenity right away. 

Then about 9 months post DC I was approved for Big Lots and Meijer. Both Comenity cards.

Good luck to you & even though I enjoyed having a Discover Card, I've found life goes on!

Message 3 of 4
segita

Thanks man. Yeah I figured it could probably pop back up on the reports, it's absolutely legit. I'm definitely going to crawl before I walk and won't jump right back into the fire post discharge.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.