Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CPI Refund

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CPI Refund

In 2006 my ex-wife and I took a loan from wachovia dealer services which was eventually bought out by Wells Fargo dealer services.

We filed bankruptcy in August of 2010 with a discharge of November 2010. The creditors were Wachovia Dealer Services (Wells Fargo Dealer Services), Capital One (hers), Kohl's, Les Schwab, and a small local dealer. She may have had a Walmart card at the time too.

On March 22nd Wells Fargo sent a letter to the trustee stating that they had incorrectly charged us for CPI and we're issuing a refund check in the amount of $4,950.83.

Our trustee is retired and the bankruptcy courts have not responded in the requested 45 days.

Has anyone ever dealt with this?

If so what was your experience?

And yes I have called our attorney from the time put being 9 years old they don't know much at the moment either. They are going to try to call me back in the next day or two.
Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CPI Refund

This is interesting! I'd be curious how this is handled.  Keep us posted and hopefully someone has an answer for you.

Message 2 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

To update this because it exceeded the 45 days to check will be cut to my ex-wife and myself. It will have an and in it meaning both of us have to be present to cash the check.

It will be mailed to her because she was the primary borrower.

I was told the check will be cut sometime in 2019. That is the best answer that they will give me.
Message 3 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I read they have a class action lawsuit for that as well.  We are looking to see if we were part of the suit as well since our mortgage was from one of store front Wells Fargo as well.

Message 4 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI: I received notice of this proposed settlement today myself. I had a crappy loan in 2006 and reposession in 2011 that screwed my credit for years.  I'm curious to see what ultimately comes of this myself. It looks like it should be something in exess of the base $4000 settlement for customers who had a repo. I saw on AVVO and reddit two people who received (or will receive) $8600. This will be my SECOND class action suit with WF I've been included in!

FWIW: To this date I still have never taken a car loan but opted to pay for them all up front and I really like my little credit union now. 

Message 5 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I was going through the same thing as far as getting the CPI insurance added to my car and all of a sudden getting my car repo did hiu already recieve a check? All I got was a notice of class action lawsuite I honestly thought it was a scam or that it would be just a few dollars but I was reading on line some people got 5k back refund already I'd there anything I need to fill out to get it or? I know the paper says that I'm definitely in the class action for sure because of my loan with feds please if you have any info let me know could really use that money now

Brand new to credit game experian 711 transunion 678 Equifax 698
Message 6 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also recieved a notice indicating that was a settlement member and didnt need to provide anything.  However, Wells Fargo sent me a notice via FED Ex that they needed to verify my insurance coverage. I thought the case was closed and I have no idea what company i had in 2006.

Message 7 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

We recently received another letter asking about coverage that was separate and said we may be due additional funds.

Fortunately during that time frame I was with Geico for part of it and that is still in my email.
Message 8 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

We also received another letter regarding our coverage during that time frame and that we may be owed additional funds.

Where during part of that time frame I carried Geico I'm able to confirm that we had insurance.

I believe part of this is just a general settlement for everybody who was charged. And a second portion is for those who can verify or provide something that they had insurance.
Message 9 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally actually spoke to a attorney today and was told if they asked you for additional info re insurance it's because you probably not qualify if they dont ask you for additional insurance then you are good he also told me the letter makes it seem as though yes provide us with the insurnacebyou had and we will refund you but it's the exact opposite so just out of curiosity how long ago dis youget the fed ex letter and was it specifically addressed to your loan number?? Om me if you like
Message 10 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.