Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CPI Refund

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CPI Refund

Good! And you are right, this is all on Wells Fargo. The CPI was forced and in violation of the contracts we signed in the first place. Any and everything that followed afterward it was placed was the fault of this bank. and pay they should and will. Also, just because a settlement was reached and an amount will be sent out (different amounts will very I am sure) there is not statue that is stop anyone involved from going after them for more. I have already been in personal contact with one of the attorneys involved in the suit and he informed me that if I am not satisfied with the amount I can do just that, I could even hire them to do so! 

Message 31 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let me know because I have been seriously thinking about starting another lawsuit after I see what I am told about this one. The Representatives told me today that it's possible to receive a letter stating that a person wouldn't get anything and I told her if I receive one of those letter all hell will break loose after all I went through. Wells Fargo will pay me and it won't be no hundred dollars, or thousand dollars, it better be thousands of dollars. All she could say was "yes ma'am".
Message 32 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

They put my ex in tears because we were behind and trying to negotiate getting caught up and they wouldn't do it.  We couldn't get caught up all at once.  

I finally had enough and turned the vehicle in at there location near where we lived.  

Message 33 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not surprised at all that that was all they could say. I will be waiting for the payment(s) and plan accordingly. Just be sure to check back with this forum. If I indeed pursue for additional funds this will be were I reach out for others if they feel the same. 

Message 34 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand your pain! Which is why you will need to push for an amount that is worthy of all the hardship you dealt with!

Message 35 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

First and foremost, I am thankful that I found this forum. It lets me know that I am not alone in this mess with Wells Fargo. I attempted to call the CPI hotline yesterday to inquire about the status of my refund and to find out the exact refund amount. Of course, I received a run around and was transferred to different departments to verify who I was insured with during specific time frames. It has been well over 6-7 years and I do not quite remember who I was insured with. I gave the representative two possibilities of my insurance companies but according to the representative they were unable to verify that to be true and in that case she deemed my loan to be ineligible for a CPI refund! I then began to ask about the settlement and how it stated that those that were repossessed would be compensated $4000 and refund of reposession cost. The representative sounded like she was in high school and rudely was talking with candy in her mouth said it wasn't her department and then transferred me over to the president's office. The president's office acted like they didn't know anything about everything I was saying either and stated that he would have to put a new claim in and an analyst would have to call me back after they looked into it. My car was repossessed in 2016, I was so embarassed when this happened. I could not afford to get my car out from the repo lot until another month later. And I was only able to get my car out after I started a GoFundMe page. I felt like I hit an all time low in my life. All I wanted to do was get my car out just so I can make it to and from work and make it to and from work. While my car sat in the repo lot, I found that they stolen things from my glove compartment and I feel like they also replaced my engine. I could barely drive it off the lot with a whole trail of black smoke coming out of my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport that was only 3 years old at the time with 36,000miles. I maintained my car, kept up with all of my oil changes so there should be no reason why that was happening to me. I attempted to have mitsubishi replace my engine under my warranty but they said with all of the sludge it really looks like I did not maintain my car. I presented them with all of my oil change receipts and they still refused to replace my engine. How could I prove something shady happened to my car on the repo lot all thanks to Wells Fargo ingenius CPI policy? My only options at the time were to buy a new engine for $10,000 or carry negative $6000 equity into a new car loan. I didn't have $10,000 to my name, let alone $100. My credit was shot so you can tell my options were slim to none. Then as stress was building I found out I was pregnant. By the grace of God I found a car dealership that was willing to buy what was left of my car for $6000 so that cleared out my Wells Fargo debt. How is Wells Fargo "distributing" 385 million? Unless you're one of the lucky ones that live in the 5 states, they're really not, especially if you cannot prove who your insurance provider was during the time the CPI policy was placed onto your account. One of the CPI representatives even told me "we haven't processed anything for you because you never verified your insurance." The settlement notifcation made it sound so easy, that they have record of everything and those affected would not have to do anything and don't even have to call but wait for a check to be issued. That's exactly what Wells Fargo wants, for you not to call and do any formal verifications, if no one claims the money and does proper insurance verification then it's going to go right back into their pockets.  I'll keep you guys posted if the president's office ever calls me back. In the meantime, I suggest everyone call. Just wished we knew who Charlie spoke to.  

Message 36 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 37 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it is my opinion and my belief that anyone that has gone through the same as Charlie (for which there are MANY) should in fact be receiving like settlement amounts. However the problem now is that since the suit has ended they will attempt to say something along the lines of “everyone in certain situations all must get this much or that much. What will need to happen is any and everyone who feels that whatever amount they receive is not enough will have to come together and sue. I am sure it will be easy to find a law firm to take the case! I am in one of the five states mentioned in the literature of the suit but I am still waiting to hear something of worth. To date all I know is that I am part of the suit and that is it. I have asked for more information through the sources offered from CPI site and all I get back is general information. I do not know anything about an actual lifeline, nor do I have a tracking number. I find it very strange that some have been paid while others haven't, and to make things even more strange, all the amounts varies from a few dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. I have said it once and I will say it again, this suit is not over. I`ll give it to around mid 2020 when those involved in this CPI mess will all come together and drop another class action lawsuit on Wells Fargo yet again for either the way they are handling the distribution of funds or because of the unfairness that is happening to those who have to have proof of coverage from long ago or both! Remember that I said it here first!!

Message 38 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

It annoys me that I went through the stress of losing my suv. The financial stress of t h.g e repossession, and paying off the $4,000 after the vehicle was purchased a the repossession. Now, to go through more stress about a vehicle I mo longer have! That vehicle was repossessed almost 9 years ago and i haven't had a vehicle until I purchased a new car on 10/29/2019. They just need to let me know either way if i am going to receive anything, or not. After receiving the 2 FedEx packages inquiring about the insurance, and not recall who insured that vehicle; I'm guessing I won't receive a dime!
Message 39 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it is stressful, but you can not let them see you sweat! Even if they try to give you the run around continue to move forward! Try what this person did:

D                                                                                                                                                                                                                           December 9, 2019

What I did was called Wells Fargo finance ,and asked for my history of my insurance since they needed that at all time.they were asking me for my insurance from 2007-2009 and since Wells Fargo was provided with that during the period time I had my car they were able to pull my history were it showed my insurance company Fargo can't deny that info u just need to ask them.

I truly hope this helps!

Message 40 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.