Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CPI Refund

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CPI Refund

Exactly, my vehicle repossessed in September 2011. They (Wells Fargo) are asking about insurance from 2 different time frames. I do not remember who I had insurance with during that time period. The vehicle was repossessed and I paid the $4,000.00 that was remaining after it sold at was sold at the auction. Just give me money back. I just recently purchased a new vehicle after this mess. It took me 8 years to get a vehicle after the repossession and the other credit issues that I experienced dealing with WF.
Message 21 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did they receive so a large refund? Did they have multiple loans?
Message 22 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, the multiple pay out and the fact that it seems that Wells Fargo is deciding on the amount of the pay out is very concerning to say the least! Also we must keep in mind that some people did not have it as bad as others. Some were able to afford the increase in their note and paid the loan off. Individuals in this situation will simple receive a refund for the CPI that they paid. While others (like myself) who had their automobiles repossessed, credit damaged, hardships, pain and suffering and so on would receive much much more. NOw with that being said, because many situations are in relation to the earlier post I submit from Charlie, why wouldn't others in the same predicament NOT receive the same or close to the same amount? That is the argument I am sure we (everyone in the same or likewise situation) are all willing to make! And to answer the question of the post above, no there was not multiple loans, just one! The amount was some large due to all the hardships involved caused by Wells Fargo CPI ridiculousness!  

Message 23 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will everyone that had their vehicle repossessed be refunded, or just the customers that reside in the states that were mentioned? My vehicle was repossessed in September 2011. I just purchased a new vehicle last month. When you call, you don't receive a lit of helpful information.
Message 24 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the way I understand it is that only the individuals in certain states (mainly southern bible belt states which are known for lack or lower education) (I reside in TN 10 min from MS so trust me.... I know!) do not require any information. I am not sure but I assume that Wells Fargo has to have maintained information for said states perhaps because they knew what they were doing the whole time. But I digress, everyone that received notice of the suit should be refunded, regardless of location. However, it is not until you further inquire about your specific situation that you find out if more information is needed. But consider this, if Wells Fargo did not maintain records of your specific information to prove that you had insurance at the time... why would a insurance company that you may or may not still have from years ago have them? I believe that you could give the Wells Fargo admin any information if they ask and they would have not choice but to believe you. How could it be disapprove? 

Message 25 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

So true. I live in Missouri. I really want my $4,000.00 that I paid after that vehicle was sold at the auction. Hell, give me what you owe me!
Message 26 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you are able to provide proof of that that would be helpful in my opinion. However, something like that should be maintained within records at Wells Fargo. It was money that was paid to them. Also, if you too had a repo you should be due much much more than that! Never settle for the first offer. You are due so mush more, I know I will be going for the same amount that Charlie received and I will have no shame in throwing it in their faces. The information that we know from Charlie is very damning to the case because of the fact that what you do for one person you must do for others in the same situation. If they do not they will have yet another law suit for discrimination! 

Message 27 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called to check on the status of the refunds and I was told that I would receive some forms requesting more information.  When I inquired about the "more information" that they were requesting I was told it was for other insurance.  I commence to explain to the Representative for the millionth time my situation with this Wells Fargo mess and how I almost died and all he could say was I'm sorry and could you please provide us with insurance information for this timeframe.  I was then transferred to someone else who you could tell did not want to talk to me and was rushing to get me off of the phone.  After explaining again, I was told that they will take into consideration the fact that I had GAP insurance along with any other insurance.  I asked about my pain and suffering from the accident and losing my job, no vehicle, and being sued by them for a vehicle I didn't have anymore and again I was rushed off of the phone.  I pray we all get a $48,000 check like others are receiving.  After that nightmare, my credit was shot and I didn't have a care for 6 years.  I just got my credit back on track.

Message 28 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

lleopold67 what was the point of contact that you reached out to? And did you note the individual names of the people you spoke with? It is my opinion that anyone who had to deal with the hardship of a repossession and the pain in suffering of the ordeal of find and spending time and money trying to put their lives right again are all deserving of similar payments.
Message 29 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did write down the names of the Representatives I spoke to each time I called. I called the toll free number that is listed on the CPIS WEBSITE. They're not much help though. I think that they're all trained to same the same thing; apologize and Wells Fargo has hired a third party agent to research if you had additional insurance. Well, I let them have it today. I told them that it's not our fault that we are dealing with this; it's Wells Fargo fault and they should pay us for our pain and suffering.
Message 30 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.