Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CPI Refund

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CPI Refund

Thank you for sharing your great news Dario! It gives the rest of us hope that we might have a chance as well. Especially with you just making up Geico on the spot and them qualifying you. Hoping that WF is finally feeling the pressure from all of us from 2019 with our phone calls and letters and is just going to release what is our's to begin with, our checks! 2020 is our year!

Message 61 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my case...as suspected. I contacted the analyst working on my case and of course she stated that my file is still pending due to insurance verification. She also said that she could not give me an estimated time frame of when my file would finish undergoing review. I am grateful that I was even considered for any type compensation for my trials and tribulations but in the same breath WF was better off not sending us any notifcation of this settlement at all since they don't have any real intention of paying us.

Message 62 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year group, I am curious about something in the suit. Why are there only four states that if those customers vehicle was repossessed WF will compensate for the repossession? I reside in the state of Missouri. How fair is this?
Message 63 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it difficult to accept that Wells Fargo seems to be in charge of both the issuing of refund checks and the correction of credit reports. I contacted one of the lead attorney firms on the mailing I received notifying me that I was a member of the Class Action Lawsuit. The message I received back says that they our so called attorneys really don't seem to have any first hand knowledge of what is being done on our behalf, now that the case has been approved in Nov. 2019.  While I'm pleased that this attorney or his representative returned my phone call, I get the clear sense that the Plaintiff representatives have nothing to do going forward with how this refund/payment is being handled?  One new bit of information I did find out was that the repayment period would probably take the 1st (three) 3 months of 2020 to be completed rather than being all completed in January 2020.  Personally, I think this says "mess" and allowing the folks who did us harm to be in charge of what seems to be an unorganized repayment process, is even worse.

I too read the Class Action documents that said I was included in the lawsuit and nothing else was required on my part, when I later received a letter stating I needed to provide a record of past Insurance carriers---it bothered me and I called these same attorneys for clarification.  At the time they said that Wells Fargo class action covered me and I didn't need to respond, but Wells Fargo was attempting to ensure that "I got all of the money I deserved"  so it would be in my interest if I would send in a record of my Insurance carriers.  That is some crazy stuff, right there: Wells Fargo wants to help ensure it pays me all the money it owes me. More likely WFS wants to set up a system to eliminate customers who can't prove they had insurance policies in place at the time they forced coverage on them; looks like what it is: WFS covering its backside and calling it customer service.

Am I optimistic that WFS will do the right thing, yes but only because they have to fullfill this court decree, not because they want to do the right thing.  Lastly, I'm one of those who got assigned a Class Action number, and still can't use it to learn anything. Anyone who successfully did, please come through and explain how it worked for you to get an update on your particular situation.  Good luck, all!!

Message 64 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious, I noticed WFDS reemoved my repo from both Equifax and Transunion, but I have not received anything in the mail, since I got asked for my insurance info back in August.  Has anyone else that had a repo have this removed?

Message 65 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, little update on my claim. It is currently being reviewed by the president's office with WF, my representative stated that is still ongoing review considering "my insurance still needs to be verified." She gave me "a resolution date for 03/20/2020." I hope this means something great is on the way!

Message 66 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the Wells Fargo CPI customer service line yesterday, for like the fourth time, and was given the same generic response that I always receive. I voiced my frustration about this to the representative and she offered to get a supervisor for me. Once I got on the phone with the supervisor I told her that I feel like Wells Fargo is unfairly dragging their feet making these refunds. She told me she understood, and let me know that the checks are issued in batches and that the next batch will be released early February. She didn’t say whether or not my refund would be included in this batch, but at least I have a time frame in mind now. I hope this is helpful information.
Message 67 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was the POA for my grandpa who died in February last year. I got two notifications of this lawsuit, one which asked for insurance info. That was the second. The first said I didn’t need to do anything (great!). I didn’t respond to the second one because I assumed it was a scam. Is it too late to call them and give the info?
Message 68 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call this #1 (888) 228-9735
Message 69 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I’ll give them a call on Monday!
Message 70 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.