Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CPI Refund

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo CPI Refund

So... I'll tell my story thus far and maybe it will help answer some questions I've read. Bought my Jeep in feb 2013, was charged CPI for 16 months. Original note was supposed to be $535... then the note jumped to $745 overnight. Each month I personally faxed or hand delivered proof of insurance just for the CPI charge to show back up again the next month.. I went a full year of paying an extra unnecessary $200 a month before I could no longer afford it, I had lost my job due to the oilfield going down. I had over $5k in upgrades on my Jeep and also when I paid my monthly note I paid extra and rounded up to the nearest hundredth multiple times. But they still repoed my Jeep, since I was layed off I could not afford to get it back. Fast forward to September 2019 I got a letter asking for my insurance from Wells Fargo, that very night I sent them proof of my insurance via email. I spoke with someone at the wf CPI redress phonenumber multiple times explaining how they ruined my life, how I had 19k paid on my $25k loan, I still can not get an auto loan 3 years later, etc.. but they still reported to the credit bureaus religiously on a monthly basis until Jan 2020. Finally mid January a check came through fedex and it showed to have been overnighted. The letter that came with the slap in the face check that they sent said I could cash my check and it would not prevent me from obtaining or requesting more if I felt necessary. I wrote them a letter explaining how the amount they sent was unacceptable and they sent me a letter basically asking what I thought was more acceptable, and a breakdown of how I came to that number.. Wells Fargo would review it and if they agreed they will cut me a check and if not we will go to mediation. So that's where I'm at right now. 

Message 81 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is unacceptable, in 2011 I financed a vehicle through Wells Fargo Dealerships while on active duty as a Infantryman in the US Army. I was based in Georgia and beginning predeployment training for Afghanistan. Fast forward a year when I got back, my financial situation wasn't what I expected (not alot of shopping opertunities in khandahar) and I was getting calls about not paying my car payments. My bank a military credit union went back (as far as they had records) showing that I did make the payments. All the while I incorrectly assumed my wife and her family spent the missing money, we almost divorced. These calls about non payment kept happening at least twice a month and it was left up to me to prove I did pay. (continuing for years until my car was repossessed) The financial genius I was I decided to open an account with Wells Fargo so as the payments wouldn't keep getting lost in transfers. Wrong move!! Not only did the calls keep coming in, but the records of the payments were gone too. The whole time I was in service my state of legal residence was Michigan. (one of the 5 states being treated differently in this case)  That said, on Jan. 8 2020 I called the Wells Fargo number that was on the paper I received and made sure to notify the company about my residence at the time. This dragged on until March, leading me to talk to the office of the president, which informed me that because at the time of purchase I did not tell Wells Fargo my legal state of residence and my claim is denied. I'm still waiting to see if my taxes filed with Michigan that year are acceptable as proof. The office of the president told me I would get a call back in 2 to 3 business days.(its been almost 2 weeks) I contacted the attorneys for the plantiffs in this case concerning this mess, no call back so far. Every step of the way I get the ol' thank you for your service lipservice, but after 8 years serving in a time of war, I've spent 7 under the poverty line with ruined credit (repossession). If I get anything out of this I'm using it to leave the country, somewhere my kids won't be 2nd to corporations. I'm sorry this post isn't helpful, selfishly helpful to me in the form of venting though. Good luck out there, I hope you have better luck.

Message 82 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well first let me say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! It feels good to vent and hopefully it'll work out in your favor. Hopefully for all of us...

Message 83 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

My taxes for that time are considered not acceptable as proof..... my whole case has been denied. 

Message 84 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I am stunned. That's BS! it's unacceptable. I've been watching Wells Fargo get grilled by the us house comittee on financial services... they're not happy with the settlement and how they are still treating their consumers as far as dispersing payments. In my last letter i sent to WF I said if payment wasn't sent in full by 10 days I have no choice but to proceed with legal action as well as writing each and every member on the financial comittee, and going to the media. So jprince you should do the same. They deserve no less. Your story would generate a lot of buzz and put some fire under their butts. 

Message 85 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Swoods09

Could you please provide me with the information to send a letter to the Finance Committee?  I have yet to hear from Wells Fargo.  I lost everything after someone in a Company truck hit me from behind and totaled the car; only to find out that I don't have the proper insurance, and to add insult to injury Wells Fargo sues me for the difference that the Gap Insurance didn't cover.  What good was it to purchase the GAP insurance in the first place?  The driver that hit me was release from all damages because in the state of Louisiana you have to have liability insurance and all that money I was paying for a car not and insurance(over $500 a month) did not include liability.  Something was wrong with that picture?  I could have ended up paralyzed that day or worst I could have lost my life.  What was worst was that I lost my livelihood and me and my son had to suffer at Wells Fargo's expense.  I am seriously thinking about starting my own lawsuit.

Message 86 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I haven't wrote them yet, wf just received my letter today so they have 10 days before I send letters to the financial comittee.. I have prepared the letters already and I just planned on googling each member and finding their office address that way. I guess I should go ahead and start getting their addresses together because I do not expect Wells Fargo to do the right thing. it may take me a couple days getting the addresses since theirs like over 50 members.. I planned on writing all of them even the ones not from my state.. in hopes at least one would actually read it.. but as soon as I compile the list I will message it to you. You can see the list of the members on financialservices.house.gov, And click one the menu button and then click ABOUT US>COMITTEE MEMBERSHIP. if you chose to only write the people from your state I suggest writing to Maxine waters as well since she's the chairwoman. But give me a couple days and I'll send you a message on here of the address list i put together. Best of luck! 

Message 87 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Swoods09,

Would you be willing to also provide me with the information for the new CEO of Wells Fargo?  I wrote the previous CEO when all of this came out(before the class-action lawsuit) and received a nice sorry not our fault letter but a year later I get a letter saying that I'm part of a class-action lawsuit.  It seems like to me you're at fault for something.  I would greatly appreciate it.  I want to see if this is going to be a donkey like the one he replaced.

Message 88 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a Facebook page "I hate Wells Fargo" there is a link where the committee was asking for personal stories of people harmed by Wells Fargo. The correct option is the "oversight and investigation"

Message 89 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks for the info! I had no idea.. they never mentioned exactly how they were trying to reach out to the consumers in the meetings I watched but they did mention several times that they were trying to reach out to harmed consumers. I'm going to check it out now. 

@Anonymous wrote:

On a Facebook page "I hate Wells Fargo" there is a link where the committee was asking for personal stories of people harmed by Wells Fargo. The correct option is the "oversight and investigation"

Message 90 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.