Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Loan after BK

tag
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

Wells Fargo Loan after BK

I'm over 2 years out from my BK.....WF was not part of my BK. I moved my money to them during my BK because I burned everyone else and was worried about possible freeze on any bank accounts. In the end all good with WF.

I have a CC with them now. Paid in full all the time.

I'm curious I applied for a personal loan with them and was approved.  I've just submitted my docs for final approval.  Any chance they will pull the loan approval because of the BK?  Or is the electronic approval a good sign the BK is not an issue for them, since it's over 2 years since and also because they were not involved in it?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Have1
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Loan after BK

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

I'm curious I applied for a personal loan with them and was approved.  I've just submitted my docs for final approval.  Any chance they will pull the loan approval because of the BK?  Or is the electronic approval a good sign the BK is not an issue for them, since it's over 2 years since and also because they were not involved in it?

They were certainly aware of the BK when they approved you:  Any kind of credit check (SP or HP) would show the public record.  That should not be an issue.  As long as your documents support the details on your application (and you haven't made any moves with your credit that show up between the initial approval and final review) you shouldn't have any problems.   

Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you needed a loan on for file for the credit mix. You just achieved it. So Congrats!

Message 3 of 10
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

So turned out they denied me. Haha .... I have not seen the reason yet.  I'm thinking I might try calling and seeing if I can be reconsidered.  Where would I find a number?  I've seen those backdoor numbers before but usually they are for CCs.  

Message 4 of 10
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

Wells Fargo Personal Loan Backdoor Number?

Anyone know of a backdoor number for WellsFargo personal loans?  I know there are numbers for CC but what about loans?  Or would it be the same?

Message 5 of 10
Have1
Regular Contributor

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

So turned out they denied me. Haha .... I have not seen the reason yet.  I'm thinking I might try calling and seeing if I can be reconsidered.  Where would I find a number?  I've seen those backdoor numbers before but usually they are for CCs.  

Here's the link to the thread.  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066#M5530

Good luck.

Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If your trying to get a loan for the credit mix. If theres a chance you can get into NFCU and grab their SSL. Thats will work. Getting an unsecured loan just a couple yrs out of BK isnt easy.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What "docs" did you submit for "final approval"? If WF didn't ask about BK, you should be good...
@nomadic_triathlete 

I have a CC with them now. Paid in full all the time.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was you FICO? What supporting docs did you submit?

Message 9 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What type of loan? That may have been why. Something in the documents they wanted to see.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.