Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Secured

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Secured

Been getting mailers, and wanted to add another CC to my file so decided to go ahead and app for their card.  Was instantly approved, and deposited $500 on it. 

Scores in sig are current, and 3mos post DC. Will garden for 3mos and then app for a 2nd Cap1, giving me 3 CC's again, and then not do anything for a while. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Secured

Congrats! Keep us posted on how it goes, not many reviews on how it graduates to unsecured and then a better card. My BoA Cash Rewards with $1800 CL started out as a $300 secured card, the only HP was the original app.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

UN-secured . from . Wells Fargo Secured

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

@j_casteel wrote:

Been getting mailers, and wanted to add another CC to my file so decided to go ahead and app for their card.  Was instantly approved, and deposited $500 on it. 

Scores in sig are current, and 3mos post DC. Will garden for 3mos and then app for a 2nd Cap1, giving me 3 CC's again, and then not do anything for a while. 

Ten months post CH 13 discharge, my Secured Wells Fargo CC was un-secured.

Five months after appliation & approval for a secured WF card, I received an e-mail stating that if I did not object that they would be UN-securing my WF card on such date.  Which was at the Six Month mark.

YMMV.

Why they did this, I don't know.  I am but one data point in the Universe.

While this can happen, it is not a absolute for all.  YMMV.

Best Wishes !!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.