Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo

Anybody who had Wells Fargo during their bankruptcy, at what point did Wells freeze your account? I filed on 8/31, had my meeting on Friday. They closed my credit card account but my checking is still working. I’m on a payment plan for my fee so I won’t be discharged until that’s paid. If they haven’t frozen it by now, am I in the clear? I would like to start using it again
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo

Mine was never frozen, but I wouldn’t risk it.
Message 2 of 6
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I had Wells Fargo when I filed, but read about them and quickly switched to Discover. I don't remember when they shut my account down, but they definitely did. I tried too sign into the app one day, couldn't, and just never looked back. They're about the only bank known to freeze an account due to bankruptcy.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t bank with Wells Fargo. However, I had a credit card and did my banking through Huntington Bank and I was burning them on the card in my bankruptcy. My lawyer advised me to move to another bank before I filed. They may or may not have taken the money but my lawyer said he wouldn’t risk it so I opened checking at another bank to do my banking and had my direct deposit and everything moved over before I filed. The account stayed open through bankruptcy because it was a joint account with my mother. They didn’t close it but we ended up closing it about a month after I was discharged because they wouldn’t give me a straight answer on what they’d do if I moved my direct deposits back into the account. I loved Huntington and don’t care for my new bank. But I had to let them go.
Message 4 of 6
Googypup

I was discharged 30 days ago they never froze my account. We were so scared they were going to but never did used them the whole time. We did not have any debt with them.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CashBackQueen wrote:
I had Wells Fargo when I filed, but read about them and quickly switched to Discover. I don't remember when they shut my account down, but they definitely did. I tried too sign into the app one day, couldn't, and just never looked back. They're about the only bank known to freeze an account due to bankruptcy.

Navy Federal will do the same thing.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.