cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went with reputable debt settlement company instead of Ch 13 - hoping I did right thing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Went with reputable debt settlement company instead of Ch 13 - hoping I did right thing

I am trying to give kudos to "new member" with bankrupcy advise and all of you above, but its not going through... 

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Went with reputable debt settlement company instead of Ch 13 - hoping I did right thing

thank you for the kudos.

keep us posted on situation.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to report back - I cancelled debt settlement program in time specified by the contract. Have started paying into my credit card and loan accounts as I can - even $5 extra - in addition to minimums when I can. In fact, twice now, stopped myself from buying an expensive coffee, nixed eating out. Credit score up 6 pts since last month? Not sure if this is why, but have been doing this for several months now, and I think its because my debt to credit ratio now going down. Have also used cards, then quickly put the money back when I get home. This gets me the cash rewards without interest, then I use the cash reward - even if under a dollar, and put on card balance. I have also been investing even $5 as I can in my P2P lending on the secondary market - increasing my interest income by abt $20 so far. I appreciate all the advise on this forum. When I first started looking here as a (broke!) middle-aged divorcee' I was able to build my non-existant credit to 719 in just 4 years by following good advise. Hope I can do it again! Thank you everyone! 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.