Did you mean: 

What credit card after BK7 ?

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

What credit card after BK7 ?

Im almost a year after filing Bk7
My credit score is in the low 600
My luck was that I paid all my bills until the BK so i have no late payments on my credit report. Only the BK is showing up on my credit reports
I had 12 credit cards before BK7
Amex
Wells Fargo
Capital One
Discover
Walmart
Barclay
Citi Bank
Chase
Bank of America

About 4 months ago I was able to get an unsecured card with CreditOne. Any other similar lenders I could get a card with?

How long before I would get a card with the lenders I burned myself with?
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit card after BK7 ?

None of those lenders will let you back in right now except Capital One and possibly Discover. Read the first page of this thread

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Try the Capital One prequalify site. You should be good to go for a no frills platinum or a Quicksilver One. Discover will probably let you get a secured card. It’s the best secured card out there and worth it. If you pay on time and never go over your limit, the card should unsecure in 8 months. Always use the prequalify link first if a bank has one.

With those two and your Credit One you should be on your way to rebuilding. In 6 months you can take a look at some other options like Synchrony bank or credit unions. Two years out from filings most banks you did not burn will extend you credit if your scores reach 670. If you have any military affiliation in your family (even deceased) Navy Federal Credit Union is very generous to people coming out of a bankruptcy. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:
Im almost a year after filing Bk7
My credit score is in the low 600
My luck was that I paid all my bills until the BK so i have no late payments on my credit report. Only the BK is showing up on my credit reports
I had 12 credit cards before BK7
Amex
Wells Fargo
Capital One Try for the Plat. No QS1. You can upgrade to QS no AF unlike $39 for QS1. Same 1.5% CB
Discover Being a year out. Start hitting to pre-qual page and see what pops up. If nothing. Try Secured pre-approval page. Will graduate.
Walmart
Barclay
Citi Bank
Chase
Bank of America

About 4 months ago I was able to get an unsecured card with CreditOne. Any other similar lenders I could get a card with?

How long before I would get a card with the lenders I burned myself with?

All the others will be no go for a couple yrs. And the other big banks in blue. As long as the BK is on your file. No go. If your in the BB&T area their secured graduates. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 6
pat0812
Regular Contributor

No luck on the pre approved
Currently having credit one and I’m an authorized user on 2 other cards
I have a mortgage and car loan
Is that enough to rebuild credit or do I need another card?
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry about no results. Which one did you try?

Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would try the Cap one and Discover pre-quals sites, and Kohl's if you have a store near you. Also, Merrick

You need 3 positive revolving accounts and 1 loan. You DONT need any loans.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.