Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the trustee take?

tag
Tomew2000
Regular Contributor

What does the trustee take?

I'm considering a  7 filing.  I have no real assets, but a question.   Will the trustee take things like my computer, or clothes?   I can't imagine they have any value 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

Re: What does the trustee take?

You should have exemption amounts for things like clothes, jewelry, tools, car(s), small amount of cash in bank(s)/on hand, etc.

If you have a no asset case, it's pretty easy and a smooth process.

While I'm not an attorney, it's pretty much a common sense way of looking at things. Long story short, if you have "normal" average John/Jane items, you're likely not going to have any issues at all.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tomew2000 wrote:

I'm considering a  7 filing.  I have no real assets, but a question.   Will the trustee take things like my computer, or clothes?   I can't imagine they have any value 

They aren't going to take your clothes.  Although I do have a thong about the diameter of dental floss that I would never give up regardless.

Message 3 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

What state are you in?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 6
Tomew2000
Regular Contributor

I'm in New Jersey

Message 5 of 6
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

No they wont take your clothes or computer. Normally that is. Now if they are high end designer or something that can fetch some decent cash then only those, but if you can afford those types of clothes you have money so BK would not be an option. But no, they would not leave you naked. As for computers, that is basically a requirement in daily life. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.