cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a "Declaration Regarding Tax Returns"???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a "Declaration Regarding Tax Returns"???

I filed for Ch 7 bankruptcy in June pro se, and now I am trying to make sure I do not miss anything.  I went through the "steps of a chapter 7 bankruptcy" as outlined by the court, and the final step is as follows.

"Not later than one (1) day before the date set for the Meeting of Creditors, the Debtor must file and serve on the chapter 7 Trustee a declaration regarding tax returns."

I can not find any other information anywhere about what this means.  You might be thinking this is about sending the trustee your last federal tax return, but it is not.  That was done in the previous step as outlined by the court.  Does anybody know what this is, where I can get more information, or what kind of declaration I need to make?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as my meeting of creditors is in a week and a half and I really can not afford to get help from a lawyer.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is a "Declaration Regarding Tax Returns"???

I believe this is an IRS Form # 4506 online www.irs.gov that you fill out and sign to give to Trustee so they have authorization to request your filed Taxes from IRS.  but you may want to verify with Clerk at Bankruptcy court or their website to ensure this is correct.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is a "Declaration Regarding Tax Returns"???

Are you using a BK attorney?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.