cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What just happened? Were we lied to?

tag
princessminor
Contributor

Re: What just happened? Were we lied to?

He was very brief, but said the wording on the summons allows us to sue.  My next question that I will pose to him today is, how much are you charging me to sue them for $1,000.00.  We met during the free 30 min consult so price wasn't brought up.  Oh, ok. I see regarding the payments.  In my delusional mind, I thought we would stop paying when an attorney is chosen and not before and they would take installments whilst the ruptcy was in motion.  The thing is that if he/she charges $3000 then we can pay that by the end of the month so it's just really a quesiton of finding one and getting the show on the road.  Will our credit history be wiped clean once the bankruptcy shows on the report? Or does that even matter at that point.  So we have BP for $227 and Helzberg for $175.  Wanted to pay and get them out of the way. Not showing preferential  treatment to them, but perhaps they would see it that way.  Still thinking we can see our way out of this mess and not do bankruptcy but the numbers just don't add up.  My husband will be making more starting next month, not sure how much (contract increase), but with the summons added in, near impossible to pay everything.  

Starting Score:625
Current Score:660
Goal Score:725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 27
princessminor
Contributor

WTH?! Really.  Going to talk to another one on Monday so let's see what he says.  Thanks!

Message 22 of 27
princessminor
Contributor

Thanks.  It' all so confusing, but you guys have really opened up my eyes.  This site and all of you are greatly appreciated!!!

Message 23 of 27
morgan320i
Established Member

P.s we only paid 2200 for our lawyer here in georgia and he was very good and did what we wanted
Message 24 of 27
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@princessminor wrote:

He was very brief, but said the wording on the summons allows us to sue.  My next question that I will pose to him today is, how much are you charging me to sue them for $1,000.00.  We met during the free 30 min consult so price wasn't brought up.  Oh, ok. I see regarding the payments.  In my delusional mind, I thought we would stop paying when an attorney is chosen and not before and they would take installments whilst the ruptcy was in motion.  The thing is that if he/she charges $3000 then we can pay that by the end of the month so it's just really a quesiton of finding one and getting the show on the road.  Will our credit history be wiped clean once the bankruptcy shows on the report? Or does that even matter at that point.  So we have BP for $227 and Helzberg for $175.  Wanted to pay and get them out of the way. Not showing preferential  treatment to them, but perhaps they would see it that way.  Still thinking we can see our way out of this mess and not do bankruptcy but the numbers just don't add up.  My husband will be making more starting next month, not sure how much (contract increase), but with the summons added in, near impossible to pay everything.  

No...bankruptcy does not wipe out your credit history...the accounts will be noted as included in bankruptcy on your report.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 25 of 27
princessminor
Contributor

Thanks!  Not sure if I asked this before, but could DH and I get newer cars now since we have a decent score and then do chp 7 or 13 in two months?  Would this be considered fraud?  Also, since I'm on long term disability, couldn't I just stop paying on my cards?  There is no wages to garnish nor any bank accounts to freeze.  I'm not listed on my husband's bank accounts by choice.  Would this be better than bankruptcy?  Then we could put that money towards my husbands payments.  Would the card companies be more forgiving with charge off's rather than bankruptcy?  The bulk of the debt is mine so this would free up a substantial amount of money.  Or stop paying on some and keep some.  Would the companies that I choose to keep get nervous and close them?  Or close say 6, stop paying and keep the rest?  Trying to make all of this the least painful as possible.

Message 26 of 27
princessminor
Contributor

That's a good price!  Unfortunately over here in NY, the price will be somewhat higher.  I don't mind paying, but I do mind not getting what I've paid for.  

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.