Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to really look for (wording) to have BK, Lien, Judgment removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to really look for (wording) to have BK, Lien, Judgment removed

Good morning all ... I was curious about a Chap 7. It was discharged 7/2002. I would like to try and finally have this removed so I was curious as to what in particular to look for in the docs to attempt to remove this. I know to look at the dates for one, but is there anything a little more concrete to have this removed? For a Lien or Judgment would I be looking at the same? I am having issues with the EX wife and her Step Dad. He hasnt made payments on the Expy we let him borrow back in I think 02-03 ... yes I know, stupid me for even letting the guy because he never made payments and they are trying to slap a lien on my new house and garnish my wages! Anyway, any advice would be great.

Cujo
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: What to really look for (wording) to have BK, Lien, Judgment removed

not sure what you let him borrow but if you were joint on this in any way you are responsible unless this account was specifically listed in your chapter 7 that was discharged in 2002.  If that is the case, then take your discharge papers and the creditor matrix to the court and get it removed.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to really look for (wording) to have BK, Lien, Judgment removed

Hi,

I believe it has to stay on your record for 10 years. It used to be 7, but I believe its 10 now. Thats what all of mine says anyway.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.