cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does Chap 13 drop off credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Does Chap 13 drop off credit report?

These are showing on each of the three CRA's reports - the free annual ones from each.  Did you mean that these shouldn't show it as "7 or 13" ?

I've tried disputing it with the online dispute for the CRA's that do that (can't remember if all of them did).  When I did get an email that my dispute had been answered, there was no change.  I also disputed the dates, since many had the wrong filing date shown.  These weren't always corrected either.

TIA

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Does Chap 13 drop off credit report?

A Chapter 13 should remain on your credit report for 7 years.

Message 22 of 23
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

When Does Chap 13 drop off credit report?

Experian and Transunion treats Chapter 13 "discharged" and "dismissed" the same; both are purged from Experian and Transunion's record 7 years from the file date.

Equifax on the other hand will purge a Chapter 13 "discharged" in 7 years from the file date BUT with a "dismissed" Chapter 13 will be purged after 10 years.

I am looking forward to the day I can see Equifax purge my "dismissed" Chapter 13. I filed in May 2003 and have gone back and forth with them over the last month and the Chapter 13 "dismissed" remains . . . and according to them, it will remain until May 2013 but I am hoping that it purges sooner!

Has anyone known of Equifax to purge the Chapter 13 "dismissed" case prior to 10 years? Nothing wrong with wishful thinking. It would be great to petition Equifax to change their policy [Chapter 13 "dismissed" case] via a collaborated effort!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.