Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Do I Go From Here? Can't get seem to get approved for anything

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where Do I Go From Here? Can't get seem to get approved for anything

First Post... I just don't know what to do and I'm highly frustrated. I'm 7 months post-DC from my Ch 7 BK. IIB: Cap1 Secured ($700, $550 CO balance post DC- think I'm blacklisted), Cap 1 Auto ($~6k), Credit One ($500), Discover Secured ($700, $45 CO balance after DC), NFCU ($6k), Nordstorm/TD Bank ($300). I have been trying to avoid First Premier and other predatory credit cards in order to reestablish credit. I was able to get a $500 secured card from Citibank, but have been unsuccessful at getting any other revolving credit. I've been impeccable about PIF, on time, and staying below 5% UTI. Also tried SCT -- doesn't work for me at all. Any suggestions on what I can do besides getting a $300 limit predatory card?

UPDATE: Called Cap1 and CO was actually over $550 after the security deposit was applied 

Tried Discover and Cap 1 - Prequal... heck no,

Recon with Discover, no success.

Mailed CO payment to Discover for $45 6/2020

Ch 7 BK Filed: 8/2019 - BK Discharged: 11/2019

Current FICO Scores: TU 607, EX 633, EQ 641 

Other credit data points: Credit union rebuilder loan, Car loan (initial high-interest loan 8/19 and refinanced 4/20), [all paid on time] and student loan debt [some lates pre-BK]

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where Do I Go From Here? Can't get seem to get approved for anything

Have you tried the credit union where you bank ? Also maybe Merrick or Ollo could work for you? Hopefully others will chime in. 

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mjhall85 wrote:

Have you tried the credit union where you bank ? Also maybe Merrick or Ollo could work for you? Hopefully others will chime in. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried the CUs yet. 

I did a prequalify form for Merrick and Ollo- those were both denials. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 17
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Id definitely search for credit unions. What's your income like and how much is student loan debt ? 

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just trying to understand why would anyone burn Cap1 and Discover for less than 100 dollars? 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just trying to understand why would anyone burn Cap1 and Discover for less than 100 dollars? 

I was advised by my attorney to include the cards. Both were secured cards around $600 each. Once the balance was settled, I was left with less than $100 CO. Do you have anything constructive to add? 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mjhall85 wrote:

Id definitely search for credit unions. What's your income like and how much is student loan debt ? 

$90k Income

>$200k SL

Message 7 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was advised by my attorney to include the cards. Both were secured cards around $600 each. Once the balance was settled, I was left with less than $100 CO. Do you have anything constructive to add? 

The other poster was simply asking as that seems like really low amounts to include in a BK.

No need to not be friendly in your reply .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The other poster was simply asking as that seems like really low amounts to include in a BK.

No need to not be friendly in your reply .

I was not unfriendly, unless my direct question was interpreted that way. If the poster was genuine about helping or seeking additional information to help— the question wouldn’t be posed in a rhetorical fashion to diminish a past decision. I addressed the poster by doing more than they did for me. I provided more information for understanding and I redirected to see if he/she had any comments to offer in a means of help. People post and read in these forums because they seek help for questions they may have regarding various aspects of credit. As a community we should keep that foremost in mind.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I do apologize. I am sure everyone has a reason to file, and while I've never thought I will file myself, I ended up having to. I do understand that in certain situations money is tight, I just find it strange that an attorney would advise something like that and wanted to know if there was a particular reason you would burn a major credit card issuer for 45 dollars. I'm new here, please forgive me.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.