Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While in CH13....no child support and collection accounts

tag
LadyRita31

While in CH13....no child support and collection accounts

While I'm currently in my CH13,

-Ex-Hubby stopped paying child support and is currently in the hole for almost $5,000 and I have went 4 months without it.  Is this something to tell my attorney and to possibly recalculate my pay for a possible relook to CH7?

-Should I pay on a collection account that is not on my list of debts from filing BR initially?  I filed back in Oct 2018 when acct was good but acct later went into collections in April.

Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: While in CH13....no child support and collection accounts

@LadyRita31 wrote:

While I'm currently in my CH13,

-Ex-Hubby stopped paying child support and is currently in the hole for almost $5,000 and I have went 4 months without it.  Is this something to tell my attorney and to possibly recalculate my pay for a possible relook to CH7? First notify the court your ex isnt paying. They may garnish his wages and you could get the back pay also. Then talk to your lawyer and the 7 part until the court does something.

-Should I pay on a collection account that is not on my list of debts from filing BR initially?  I filed back in Oct 2018 when acct was good but acct later went into collections in April. Any debts included or not or forgot in your BK is DC'ed. Send them a copy of your DC and it's over.

Thanks everyone.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Re: While in CH13....no child support and collection accounts

you ALWAYS want to tell your lawyer everything, it's the only way they'll be able to give you the best advice possible - without it they might actually end up giving you less then perfect advice that could cost you down the road (remember everything you tell your lawyer is protected by law) 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.