Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Am I Not Discharged!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Am I Not Discharged!?!

So, I filed my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on December 20th 2018 and went to my Meeting of The Creditors on January 30th 2019... I recieved a letter in the mail back in February saying that my creditors have twenty-one days to file a claim on my case.

My origional documents said that April 1st 2019 was the last day for anyone to file an objection - which is 60 days after the Meeting of The Creditors. I asked my attorney when I will get my discharge before and they said April 1st.

Well, today is April 1st and PACER does not show that I have been discharged it says "102 Days - Awaiting Discharge"

So... Where did I go wrong!?! Why am I not discharged like I was told I would be....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Am I Not Discharged!?!

Patience.

Mine was supposed to discharged on the 23rd but it did not even report until the 30th and it said I dishcharged on the 24th.  I'm sure there is some delay in reporting and it is not instantaneous. They still push papers at the court house. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I filed my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on December 20th 2018 and went to my Meeting of The Creditors on January 30th 2019... I recieved a letter in the mail back in February saying that my creditors have twenty-one days to file a claim on my case.

My origional documents said that April 1st 2019 was the last day for anyone to file an objection - which is 60 days after the Meeting of The Creditors. I asked my attorney when I will get my discharge before and they said April 1st.

Well, today is April 1st and PACER does not show that I have been discharged it says "102 Days - Awaiting Discharge"

So... Where did I go wrong!?! Why am I not discharged like I was told I would be....

It takes time.  Nothing is automatic at the courthouse.  They still use paper, it has to go to one person then the next then the person that files it away.

Give it a week or so and see what it says.

Message 3 of 5
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

1.  The claims bar date has nothing to do with your discharge.

2.  If the last day to file an objection to your discharge under was yesterday (April 1st), why do you think your discharge should have been entered by now?  Today is only the 2nd.

Assuming no one has filed a timely objection, if you took the second credit counseling class (pre discharge debtor education class) and the certificate that you took the class has been filed, your discharge will be entered in due course - my guess - within two weeks.  If you have not filed the certificate that you took that second class you are not entitled to a discharge until such time as the certificate is filed.

Des.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.