cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does not a Fico score change after a Bankrucy is removed?? A Coll, Inq, jumps 50pts when remove

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does not a Fico score change after a Bankrucy is removed?? A Coll, Inq, jumps 50pts when remove

I am a financial advisor, and I’ve worked hand in hand with all the CRAS, but I see my clients with 'good' rest of the FICO pie and I’m sure many people have encountered that the main reason it comes up as the primary reason people get denied, as they tell you it’s worked in over time. You gotta be kidding me. Unless we as the 'people , get together and take this and many other issues that meen to be addressed to a higher court. All who have gone through this very long wait, just waiting for your easy '100' pts get not a point dropped.  Then they have real guts to tell a person they are denied because of this embarrassing public record. I have read so many of our community’s messages and I use so much of all your great info , and use it in my business.

I am just trying to start a 'huge' conversation about this topic, just as we are starting new models, huh

Thank you all in advance for your input
mako50

[Mod Edit: Text reformatted for clarity. - KiB]
8 REPLIES 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: WHY??? DOES NOT A FICO SCORE CHANGE AT LEAST 100 PTS??/ A INQ REMOVED BUMPS IT UP 50/AAA ACC A G

I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but this post makes very little sense.   The topic of the 'huge' discussion you are attempting to start is unclear (is it regarding inquiries, public records, FICO scoring, denial reasons, all of the above, or what?).  You may want to re-write / re-word it so it's a bit clearer (& without the all caps, bold font, and underlining).   

Also - removal of an inquiry is not likely to increase FICO scores 50 points (I think that's what you were trying to say in the post title??). 

@Anonymous wrote:

I AM A FINANCIAL ADVISOR, AND IVE WORKED HAND IN HAND WITH ALL THE CRAs, BUT I SEE MY CLIENTS WITH 'GOOD' REST OF THE FICO PIE AND IM SURE MANY PEOPLE HAVE ENCOUNTERED THAT THE MAIN REASON IT COMES UP AS THE PRIMARY REASON PEOPLE GET DENIED, AS THEY TELL YOU ITS WORKED IN OVER TIME. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. UNLES WE AS THE 'PEOPLE , GET TOGETHER AND TAKE THIS AND MANY OTHER ISSUES THAT MEEN TO BE ADDRESSED TO A HIGHER COURT. ALL WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS VERY LONG WAIT, JUST WAITRING FOR YOUR EASY '100' PTS GET NOT A POINT DROPPED.  THEN THEY HAVE REAL GUTS TO TELL A PERSON THEY ARE DENIED BECAUSE OF THIS EMBARRISSING PUBLIC RECORD. I HAVE READ SO MANY OF OUR COMMUNITES MESSAGES AND I USE SO MUCH OF ALL YOUR GREAT INFO , AND USE IT IN MY BUSINESS. 

I AM JUST TRYING TO START A 'HUGE' CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS TOPIC, JUST AS WE ARE STARTING NEW MODELS, HUH

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR INPUT

MAKO50

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: WHY??? DOES NOT A FICO SCORE CHANGE AT LEAST 100 PTS??/ A INQ REMOVED BUMPS IT UP 50/AAA ACC A G

Umm. I've never seen a inq removed and get 50 points. Nor seen anyone get a 100 point increase. Decrease rare from a new 120 day late or BK. As TMR said. Could you explain in a little more detail. And the shouting is really not needed. Its hard to read and add some paragraphs please. Thanks

Message 3 of 9
rbentley
Established Contributor

I also couldn't make any sense of the OP and don't know why it is in the bankruptcy forum. I doubt we are going to have a "huge conversation" about this.

Message 4 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  I've reformatted the text of your post.  Please refrain from posting in all-caps, all-bold, and all-underline.  If you could clarify what you're asking it would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure whether this is a bankruptcy-related post or not.

Thanks,
KiB

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my fellow community Member,
Thank you for your reply, it makes me feel great to hear about other people's MyFico Journey.

Thank you for the Kudos, verily much,
Have a great Day!
Mako50
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir,
Forgive me for my Grammer,
I don't think there is another way to explain why your Fico score doesn't jump after Bankruptcy. If it's factored in during the years why aren't Collections and Inquiries etc. Sorry for your misunderstanding, Have a great day
Mako50
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,
I don't understand why this wouldn't be a discussion. I can show you a jump of 45 pts next day after Collection was taken off. I only am asking has anyone else ever experienced? Could you please just share if know about Subject. This is the Bankruptcy Forum isn't it. Why is does not this belong here? I thank you for your reply and hope you have a wonderful day

Thank you
Mako50
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Member,
Thank you for your reply. It is what it is now, but sometimes don't you think you could make a difference for many in yrs to come. See this is a good thing to hear all this input.
Thank you for responding

Mako50
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.