Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wierd Question about LEGIT closed account removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wierd Question about LEGIT closed account removal

Hello everyone,

I been a lurker for a while but I can not seem to find the answer to this question so I had to post.

I got discharged for 7BK 4/18 and have recently building my credit. I applied for a CapOne Menards store card and a Paypal credit.

Both of this accounts I burned in bankruptcy and show as closed.

My question is since I recently opened the same accounts that are closed shouldn't they removed the closed accounts?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Wierd Question about LEGIT closed account removal

The closed accounts are likely to stay for 7 years from date of first default.

If you now have the same accounts, I would be real careful about rocking the boat about the closed accounts.

Others may chime in with more information about these accounts. Some lenders have been known to close your open accounts after being asked to remove the negative (closed) account.

As always YMMV
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wierd Question about LEGIT closed account removal

No they shouldn't remove them as they are reporting correctly. You had them before filing, defaulted on them, so they are reporting correctly pre-filing.

As much as everyone hates the IIB accounts post DC reporting, they are reporting correctly. I had to wait 5 years for my closed IIB accouts to fall off...

All closed negative accounts follow the DOFD rule...which is 7 years from the DOFD is will fall off. Some fall off sooner though..
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.