Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifes Credit Report question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifes Credit Report question

I filed for bankruptcy in April, and it was discharged on Monday.

My question is we pulled my wifes credit report yesterday and saw that one of the credit card accounts that was a part of the bankruptcy was listed on her report still.

She was listed as an authorized user on the card.

Will this eventually fall off of her report or do we need to get that taken care of ourselves.

Will this account effect her credit report.  It was showing 10000 dollars on her line of account balances.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wifes Credit Report question

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed for bankruptcy in April, and it was discharged on Monday.

My question is we pulled my wifes credit report yesterday and saw that one of the credit card accounts that was a part of the bankruptcy was listed on her report still.

She was listed as an authorized user on the card.

Will this eventually fall off of her report or do we need to get that taken care of ourselves.

Will this account effect her credit report.  It was showing 10000 dollars on her line of account balances.

Thanks

I don't know if anyone else will chime in, but here's what I think. If she was an Auth user, it will list it as such on her credit so it won't be as if SHE filed BK. It's just reporting as an auth user, and then the primary filed bk. It will affect her credit some, just since she won't have that account being reported as open/good standing on her report, so she's not really benefiting from it as if she would if it's open. I guess you COULD see if you could dispute it, or possibly call the creditor and ask for her to be taken off as auth user. I really haven't seen very many cases where one spouse files and the other doesn't. However in my financial background we do see that YES it's just an auth user, it's not as if they did a bk when making loan decisions.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would dispute it with each of the CRA's as account not mine. This will get the AU removed.

This account is not helping her at all with a negative remark on it. Each lender (and computer generated code) treats AU's differently so I would get it removed to avoid any potential approval issues.
Message 3 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would dispute it with each of the CRA's as account not mine. This will get the AU removed.

This account is not helping her at all with a negative remark on it. Each lender (and computer generated code) treats AU's differently so I would get it removed to avoid any potential approval issues.

This exactly! ASAP as well Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you know currently here is what it states on Equifax

Is it fair to say at some point this info will change to a delinquent account - there were no late payments associated with this account

Status as of Apr, 2016

Date opened Oct, 1997

Date of last activity Apr, 2016

Loan type Credit Card

Credit limit $9,900

Largest past balance $10,176

Account Type Revolving

Account holder Authorized User

Scheduled Payment Amount $508

Industry National Credit Card Cos.

Balance Current Status

$10,176 Pays account as agreed

Seven†year†payment†history

30 days late 0 times

60 days late 0 times

90+ days late 0 times

Worst†Delinquency

None Reported

Message 5 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just so you know currently here is what it states on Equifax

Is it fair to say at some point this info will change to a delinquent account - there were no late payments associated with this account

Status as of Apr, 2016

Date opened Oct, 1997

Date of last activity Apr, 2016

Loan type Credit Card

Credit limit $9,900

Largest past balance $10,176

Account Type Revolving

Account holder Authorized User

Scheduled Payment Amount $508

Industry National Credit Card Cos.

Balance Current Status

$10,176 Pays account as agreed

Seven†year†payment†history

30 days late 0 times

60 days late 0 times

90+ days late 0 times

Worst†Delinquency

None Reported

It is going to change, yes.. She is an AU so it isn't her account. That's why it was recommended to dispute the account with all 3 CRA's as "not mine"

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Definitely dispute this off ASAP - it's not hers, so choosing 'I am not responsible" or the like will make it disappear - FICO doesn't wight as heavily for AU accounts as for owned accounts...but it still rates for them

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it ok to do online or best to write a letter....for this type of issue

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it ok to do online or best to write a letter....for this type of issue

for an open  and shut case like this one Online should get it done

Message 9 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

Agreed, online.. it should be straight forward
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.