cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will CC company likely cancel card that arrived after filing?

tag
grammysue
Established Member

Will CC company likely cancel card that arrived after filing?

We filed C7 last Sept.; in October new card arrived (without solicitation; it was an old Macy's card that was automatically moved over to Citi CC).  Card was approved and we have been using very lightly hoping this will help our credit score.  We have 30+ years of credit history, never a late pay, then the C7 in Sept., discharged Dec 07.  We reaffirmed one car and our house, plus we have the one CC.  Our EXP FICO score today was 676 and that's with BK on report.  We don't like the score much but the BK was a lifesaver and technically we lost nothing that mattered.  Will the CC company put the brakes on the card if and when they run a new CR?  This forum is great.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Will CC company likely cancel card that arrived after filing?

well it is possible that they would but then again they might not since they weren't included and didn't lose anything either.  I would not ask for any cli though cause they will run your credit and see the BK on there.
Message 2 of 5
grammysue
Established Member

Thanks for replying.  Another question - where can I find a sample of a goodwill letter?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We filed chapter 13 back in '04.  We didn't take a number of our cards.  Some of them closed our accounts due to filing bk.  We  had a Citi card and they did not close our account.  They drastically dropped my cl from $25,000 to $500.00, but I really couldn't complain considering they were kind enough to not close the account all together.  Chase closed out our accounts, MBNA, but others kept us and dropped our limits.  AMEX we still have, but we had a balance on it at the time so they probably thought it was safer to drop our limit than close us out.  Discover dropped our limit, but recently gave us an increase.  A word of advice I did find out call before you go out to use your cards for the next few months.  There is nothing more embarassing than going to use your card and it gets declined, because they closed your account.  Good luck!  Trust me it gets better.

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@grammysue wrote:
Thanks for replying. Another question - where can I find a sample of a goodwill letter?

Go to the General Credit Issues or Understanding FICO Scoring boards, and look at the threads stickied at the top. Click on "Frequently Requested Threads" --there are two threads about GW, one near the top and one near the bottom. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.