cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this be enough to bring my score back up? Concerned about lack of revolving credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this be enough to bring my score back up? Concerned about lack of revolving credit.

I filed BK and it was discharged 7/06.  Looking to purchase a home 07/08 if possible so I have about 5 months to get this done.... 

The accounts I have open now are the following....

Mortgage (never been late)  Re-affirmed after BK
Revolving HELOC owe 9k/12k limit (never been late)    Re-affirmed after BK
Primary Auto Loan (had for about 8 months, never been late)
Second Auto Loan (had for about 3 months, never been late)
Kohls Credit Card $1500 limit/ owe $450 (late 30 days once 3-4 years ago)

The second auto loan was a small (3k) loan, and I will be paying that off this week.

I guess looking at the "credit mix" I have mortgage, installment, and revolving.  My concern is the Kohls is also getting paid off next week with the tax return. 

Should I continue to keep a small balance on that Kohls Card or is just having it good enough? 

My scores according to truecredit are TU 680, EQ 647 EX 666 right now, but not sure how close to FICO those will really be. 

I did not have any problems taking out either of the auto loans, but I have not applied for any other credit since the BK.  The Kohls was a $0 balance and not included in the BK.  I have had that account for 6-7 years.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Opie2222 on 01-30-2008 10:47 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Will this be enough to bring my score back up? Concerned about lack of revolving credit.

If you are looking to refinance I wouldn't do anything.  The advice is nothing for at least 6 months prior but if you are not going to be making any big ticket purchases soon, then you might want to apply for a couple more credit cards, buy a tank of gas on them and then pif each month.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.