Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo!!! Last Payment of my CH 13

tag
Jamzgyal
Established Member

Woohoo!!! Last Payment of my CH 13

Hi everyone,

I made my final payment of my chapter 13 payment a little early (per the paralegal's recommendation), on June 30th. It's normally due on 20th of every month. It arrived at the trustee's today. 🎉

I am so relieved and ready to put this part of my life behind me. While it wasn't too bad, I know for certain I never want to go through this again. Now, I wait patiently for my discharge. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Re: Woohoo!!! Last Payment of my CH 13

Congrats! It's a great feeling. 

Onwards and upwards! 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yay! Congrats on the long road to recovery! Its done. Toast! Enjoy your new life.

Message 3 of 8
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nicely done, congratulations!

Message 4 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats on all of your hard work that it took to get there!  

Message 5 of 8
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

congrats, that has to be a GREAT feeling!!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up - it'll take a couple weeks for the trustee to audit your account (some trustees wait for all checks to clear, mine only waited for checks to be cut) - once the audit is filed, there's a form for you to sign then comes the finish line, in my case it took just short of 8 weeks from the date I mailed the final payment to the discharge order (but my understanding is it can vary by trustee)

Message 6 of 8
ForwardLooking
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on reaching a major milestone with the last payment.  Discharge is just around the corner and will be there before you know it!

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jamzgyal Once you get that DC paper. Go out and have a 5 star dinner! We take leftovers here.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.