Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working my Rebuild!

You think as I do - we will be ready for additional cards in Nov, and NFCU is at the top of my list...until then...where did I put those gardening gloves?
Message 21 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a fun data point - Since I'm working to be able to replace my car by July 2017, I decided to play with the Cap One Auto Finance Pre-qual:

In my name only: Instant Pre-qual up to $40,000

Joint app: 7-10 days - (yes, she is blacklisted!)

not going to buy just yet, but good to know I will be able to when the time comes  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to know....I burned Cap 1 also, didnt know there was a 1 year blacklist

Message 23 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

good to know....I burned Cap 1 also, didnt know there was a 1 year blacklist

This is not always correct. The good thing is that Cap1 will not pull your credit if you are on the BL. Is always a good starting point 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 24 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh okay great, thanks for telling me. I had a secured and unsecured Cap 1 card. Prior to filing is when I got behind but before that I was always on time. Hope they remember little ole me Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP....you seem to really be on it! I want to definitely become as educated as you in regards to my credit and building etc. Geesh you are on fire!

Message 26 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Wouldn't it be great to GET money when you SPEND money?"

I begin to see why folks have such a hard time staying in the garden - An oversized postcard with the above obvious yes-answer question arrived today from NFCU.  They agree with me that my next card should be a cashRewards card, but they want me to pull the trigger now, and have even included a handly little acceptance code to help with the process.

So, like every other typical myFican I'm putting it out for discussion - does this sound like a pre-approval or just marketing, and does it make sense to move sooner rather than later given I am otherwise content to wait until Nov when I will have had my starter card for 6 months of payment history post-DC to proceed?

Message 27 of 119
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"Wouldn't it be great to GET money when you SPEND money?"

I begin to see why folks have such a hard time staying in the garden - An oversized postcard with the above obvious yes-answer question arrived today from NFCU.  They agree with me that my next card should be a cashRewards card, but they want me to pull the trigger now, and have even included a handly little acceptance code to help with the process.

So, like every other typical myFican I'm putting it out for discussion - does this sound like a pre-approval or just marketing, and does it make sense to move sooner rather than later given I am otherwise content to wait until Nov when I will have had my starter card for 6 months of payment history post-DC to proceed?

Actual pre-approvals are very rare and will show under the "my offers" tab when you are logged in online.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 28 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried to wait until November before apping anything - failed when I realized I didn't feel 100% comfortable operating with a single credit line and no safety net

Consumer Loan and Credit Card Application Message Center
New Message from Navy Federal regarding application number CCACS93XVADS
Purpose of Loan:Signature cashRewards Visa
Date:08/13/2016
Subject:The status of your new Signature cashRewards Visa credit card (CCACS93XVADS) is Review In Process.

Your application has been submitted for review.

The confirmation number for your request is: CCACS93XVADS.

A decision will be made on your credit card request within 1 business day, unless additional information is required. A credit card representative may contact you by phone, through Navy Federal Online Account Access or through your personal e-mail, if provided. If you would like to check the status of your application, you may use the Navy Federal Application Message Center at the address below.

This Message Center is strictly for receiving and sending messages regarding your credit card application. You will be given a link in the initial email that, once you click on it, will send you to a secure Navy Federal site where you will be asked to log in for authentication purposes. Once identified, you will be able to retrieve your messages from Navy Federal.

Wish me luck!! - I'll check in again next week...

Message 29 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

(duplicate post)

Message 30 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.