Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working my Rebuild!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working my Rebuild!

Hello Everyone!! Smiley Happy

I am new to the forum but a long time lurker (that sounds creepy, lol) but reading threads like this keeps me encouraged. I filed Ch7 10/16 and was discharged 1/17 so I am really just beginning my rebuild journey. I have disputed some remaining things on my credit reports and I am a member of NFCU so I plan on starting with their secured card. Wish me luck!!

Message 91 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to the forum but a long time lurker (that sounds creepy, lol) but reading threads like this keeps me encouraged. I filed Ch7 10/16 and was discharged 1/17 so I am really just beginning my rebuild journey. I have disputed some remaining things on my credit reports and I am a member of NFCU so I plan on starting with their secured card. Wish me luck!!

You are so wished - Welcome to the forums, by the way

Navy has changed it's underwriting a bit since I squeaked through on recon 3 months post-DC - I definitely agree that you should go secured less than 1-yr post DC, regardless of scores

Message 92 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy has changed it's underwriting a bit since I squeaked through on recon 3 months post-DC - I definitely agree that you should go secured less than 1-yr post DC, regardless of scores

I really appreciate your feedback because for a little while now I have been wondering where to start. I figure that I will start with the secured and give myself a CL of $1500 instead of the base $500 and go from there.

Message 93 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The [Navy Federal] consumer loan department (which handles the auto loan and CLOC) uses EQ 100% of the time.  

This is not quite accurate. Equifax is the first bureau to be pulled. If the loan officer wants to request a second CBR, it is almost always TransUnion. Loan officers will then use what they consider the most "complete" CBR to decision an application. This may result in TransUnion being used. 

Why else might another bureau be pulled? If Equifax is frozen, if Equifax shows minimal trade lines, if Equifax has no hit, etc.

It is correct to say that the same inquiry can be used for non-credit card lending products, if an application is submitted with a 30-day timeframe. So you could theoretically apply for a personal loan, CLOC, auto loan, boat loan, RV loan, and debt consolidation loan with one inquiry. 

Message 94 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really appreciate your feedback because for a little while now I have been wondering where to start. I figure that I will start with the secured and give myself a CL of $1500 instead of the base $500 and go from there.

I can help with that:

Start Here

And then read Here

Those 2 threads will take you about a week to read, so pace yourself - there's a lot of info there, including some outdated info that gets corrected later in the thread, so read everything before doing anything  Smiley Wink

Good Luck!

Message 95 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The [Navy Federal] consumer loan department (which handles the auto loan and CLOC) uses EQ 100% of the time.  

This is not quite accurate. Equifax is the first bureau to be pulled. If the loan officer wants to request a second CBR, it is almost always TransUnion. Loan officers will then use what they consider the most "complete" CBR to decision an application. This may result in TransUnion being used. 

Why else might another bureau be pulled? If Equifax is frozen, if Equifax shows minimal trade lines, if Equifax has no hit, etc.

It is correct to say that the same inquiry can be used for non-credit card lending products, if an application is submitted with a 30-day timeframe. So you could theoretically apply for a personal loan, CLOC, auto loan, boat loan, RV loan, and debt consolidation loan with one inquiry. 

Thank you - It would have taken me far longer than I would have cared to spend to go into this level of detail, but I agree with everything said

Message 96 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can help with that:

Start Here

And then read Here

Those 2 threads will take you about a week to read, so pace yourself - there's a lot of info there, including some outdated info that gets corrected later in the thread, so read everything before doing anything  Smiley Wink

Good Luck!

Thank you!! Reading now Smiley Happy

Message 97 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you - It would have taken me far longer than I would have cared to spend to go into this level of detail, but I agree with everything said

Coincidentally, I helped a couple who was conditionally approved using an Equifax pull, but then later declined after the loan officer decided to pull TransUnion. Sad day. 

The one thing that I can say with certainty is that after 10 years, I have seen Experian pulled 2 times total.

Message 98 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you sign up fico with  NFCU?

Message 99 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also was unable to locate where you could sign up for fico with NFCU.  

+Following

Message 100 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.