Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on your report after a bankruptcy filing

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Working on your report after a bankruptcy filing

I have been in my chapter 13 bankruptcy for two and a half years. So I wanted to share with everyone that has this type of public record information that will help rebound your credit rating & Fico score. And this applies to any chapter of bankruptcy.

If on the day that you file all of the accounts included in bankruptcy are current with no past due amounts then the credit report has to relflect that information. You need to dispute it and have it removed. If you have not been current & have been past due when you file then you cannot dispute the information.

Also, look for any code that Experian used called FB or it means the account has been written off or charged off. It should only reflect on your credit reports the month and year that you file. If it is on there after the month and year that you file then you need to dispute it. I just had one fixed and my score increased by 37 Fico points. A creditor added FB to my credit report by changing the status 6 months ago which the scoring model viewed it as an additional negative account added since the filing of the bankruptcy 30 months ago.

After I filed my chapter 13 bankruptcy two and a half years ago my score was at 495. Now my Fico 8 is at 639, 623, 658. My mortgage scores are at 656,671, 685.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.