Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried! Filing Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worried! Filing Chapter 7

My husband and I are filing Chapter 7. We are going to sign the paperwork next Friday 6/24. I am super nervous about everything. We do have a home and the whole "reaffirming the loan" thing is bothering me. Our mortgage is with Wells Fargo and I have heard that they will not reaffirm the loan. We just bought our home about 2 years ago, and we love it and do not plan to leave, ever. I am just worried that if we ever need to refinance or anything like that down the road that we won't be able to. Or even worse, they can just decide to take our home. We are current on all the payments, have never been late. I am just an over thinker and I don't want anything to go wrong and lose our home. I am also reaffiming my car and that has me worried as well. Has anyone been through this? Please tell me it gets better and all will be fine?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Worried! Filing Chapter 7

Following because im in the same situation
Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 2 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I can't answer your question regarding your home. But I see that the loan is through Wells Fargo, and just wanted to ask if you also bank with Wells Fargo. If you do, I think you might want to consider banking with someone else before you file. Google the stories about Wells Fargo freezing checking/savings accounts when their customers file for BK

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was discharged this month, Have my mortgage through wells fargo, no issues, payments made the same way, statements still come the same way except there is a disclaimor on them, that if you filed bankruptcy this is not an attempt to collect a debt, it is for informational purposes only. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did not reaffirm our mortgage with WF last year. We pay monthly and have had no issues. It costs them to take the house so they would rather you pay ☺
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.