Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YAY!! CAPONE APPROVED CC POST BK!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

YAY!! CAPONE APPROVED CC POST BK!!!

Hey everyone.... Just wanted to let everybody know that I got approved for my first unsecured credit card post chp 7!!!!!!
I'm soooo excited!! My chp7 was discharged on August 19th 2013, so I am only a month and a half post discharge!! So, I have literally been checking the Captial One "pre qualified" site like almost daily, and nothing!!! It would always say " we can't match our records to you, but from the data entered we recommend these "... So tried it tonight , same thing and got same message, but this time I decided to just bite the bullet and apply, and I was instantly approved!!!!! Yay!

Terms: classic platinum- $1,000 CL!!!!!!!!!!!, wow!!!!!Smiley Happy
24% apr (doesn't matter, cause I PIF )
$0 AF first year/ $19 after that

So, I'm off to the garden till December 2014, and then will app for a Discover or Barclays

I currently have the following positives reporting on all 3 CRA's:

Commerce Bank- secured Visa, $500 cl (opened 08/2013) reports to all 3 CRA's
Capital One- unsecured MasterCard, $1,000 CL
2 separate Federal School loans , both current!

Before approved tonight for the Cap One MasterCard, my secured Visa was reporting at 2% util!! So happy to be approved just a month and a half post discharge and thankful for another chance!! Off to garden these till next December!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: YAY!! CAPONE APPROVED CC POST BK!!!

Oh, but I will still be around lurking and posting in these forum like I always do, so I will keep everyone updates in my scores, and updating with the CRA's as I'm gardening !!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh, and I burned Cap One in my BK and didn't even know it! They apparently owned my Neiman Marcus acct, and burned them for $500 roughly, so they are definitely bK friendly!!Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Oh, and I burned Cap One in my BK and didn't even know it! They apparently owned my Neiman Marcus acct, and burned them for $500 roughly, so they are definitely bK friendly!!Smiley Happy

congrats!  However, I would graden a lot longer than December if you want Discover.  You'll need a good solid post-BK payment history and a score North of 675 IMHO.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 4 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@grassfeeder wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

congrats!  However, I would graden a lot longer than December if you want Discover.  You'll need a good solid post-BK payment history and a score North of 675 IMHO.

Agreed.. Not sure if Discover is a card I would tackle after a year! Congrats and good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 10
jaicam5
Valued Member

Congrats on your approval. With Capital One you are probably in their builder program. If so you will see an increase after 6 months on time payments. 

Message 6 of 10
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations....I think you will have a good chance with Discover in a year. I was able to get a discover and barclays card a year after my capital one approval. 

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 7 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you everyone! Since I'm only a month and a half post discharge, I'm still cleaning up my reports. TU is the worse of all three, and I just got my green certified receipts back in the mail a few days ago, so hoping ill have more luck! It feels great to see progress, and my scores are jumping up! Ill keep everyone posted on my progress! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
sky7net

Hello everyone I am new to the FORUM, I wanted to say that I filed CH7 in October of 2013, and discharged Dec 18,2013. I read this part of the post "checking the Captial One "pre qualified" site like almost daily, and nothing!!! It would always say " we can't match our records to you, but from the data entered we recommend these "... So tried it tonight , same thing and got same message, but this time I decided to just bite the bullet and apply" - Im telling you I must of read it over and over for about 30 min, I said what the heck and went for it, filled the app online, pressed enter and gulped, crossed my fingers, I had no idea what was going to happen, but I knew it was either 50/50 yeah or neah, well the next sccreen said congratulations your approved for $1000.00. I nearly fell out of my chair! OMG- and I had a cap one secured card included in the BK! WOW - and I filled oiut the remaining info for online management of the account, my card arrives in 7-10 bus days. I still can't beleive it, I never had an unsecured card of that amount IN MY LIFE!!!!  I want to say thank you the person that shared their story for it would not have happened (taking a chance that is) had I not read this post! ANd special thanks to all who share the info here to help others! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!! I only know my middle scoe which is 586 according fico scorewatch. I am excited to start this journey and improve my credit, goal is a new car 6-7 mo from now and a house a year from now or maybe 2 years I think? any suggestions I would appreciate as I am a newbie! Perhaps another friendly post BK dept store card? and when to apply for it, thanks again !!!!!

Message 9 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forums! You will absolutely find all the info you need to rebuild here. There are two really good threads in the bk forum, I would suggest reading those to start. One is how to bk to 700 in 24 months and the other is, bk friendly credit cards. That will give you plenty of reading to get you started! Congrats on the approval, make sure to read the terms in the approval letter bc you are probably in the credit steps program. That means an auto CLI at 6 months as long as you pay on time! 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.