Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone having the same trouble removing bankruptcy from equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone having the same trouble removing bankruptcy from equifax

equifax does not verify the bankruptcy under the fcra like is suppose to do.

anyone know of any small claims attornys  please reply your thoughts thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: anyone having the same trouble removing bankruptcy from equifax

Is it past the 10 yr mark?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

no but i asked for a early exclusion because i was a victim of fraud a girl i dated extorted money from me and the other bureaus deleted it after i showed them the police report but equifax is going back to lexis nexis and is in violation of the fcra
Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry I'm lost on this. You filed BK because another person extorted money? And the CRA's removed the BK? Did the BK Court dismiss the case. This puzzle isnt coming together. Really sorry. Might be a brain fart on my part. Though this isnt making much sense. Anyone else chime in.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it right basically the bankruptcy is 5 years old thing I I don't understand why credit bureaus must keep information on a report for 10 years when people have what they call extenuating circumstances and that's what I was trying to explain I'm not trying to confuse you but basically because I didn't want to lose my house I filed chapter 7
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone trouble removing bankruptcy from equifax

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it right basically the bankruptcy is 5 years old thing I I don't understand why credit bureaus must keep information on a report for 10 years when people have what they call extenuating circumstances and that's what I was trying to explain I'm not trying to confuse you but basically because I didn't want to lose my house I filed chapter 7
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: anyone trouble removing bankruptcy from equifax

You filed for BK and its there for 10 years. No matter what led to filing. No CRA is going to remove it until then. Sorry.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.