Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bk preapproval cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bk preapproval cards?

hi, I am starting my rebuilding process. I did preapproval for capitalone and got approved. thats 1 card. I need 2 more, and a loan to report. I tried discover preapproval and they denied i did not burn discover. Any major bank secure card that will approve me for sure? i dont want to waste an inquiry and get denied. I see many banks have secure cards, like citi bank, bank of america, td bank. any real chance of getting approved for sure for a secure card. also which online lending service do you recommend. I saw kickoff had a great $1 a month service but they are not accepting new members. Other than Self?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bk preapproval cards?

Which Discover card? The Secured ones seem to be easy to get.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to know for sure what any issuer will do because everyone (even in bankruptcy) is a different case.

Because bankruptcy is already bad for your credit, you may want to space out your hard pulls at least 6-8 months so that there are never too many, or too many that are recent.

https://wallethub.com/edu/cc/soft-pull-credit-cards/48451 

WalletHub has a list of banks that have credit card pre-approval checks that won't destroy your credit just for asking them if you can have a card.

Message 2 of 5
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

I was told...

Citi: 2 years (at earliest) from date of Discharge (not date of filing).

Chase: That if you burn Chase, they will never take you back (I did).

Capital One: They took me back, 6 months post.

And I recently upgraded from Platnium to Quicksilver which I had pre-BK
(but they kept me at same low CL).

Not sure on the rest. Maybe search for them individually on the Rebuild page.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first card was Mission Lane followed by Capital One, and I just recently got approved for OLLO. Apply for pre approvals that dont pull hard checks. 

Message 4 of 5
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hi, I am starting my rebuilding process. I did preapproval for capitalone and got approved. thats 1 card. I need 2 more, and a loan to report. I tried discover preapproval and they denied i did not burn discover. Any major bank secure card that will approve me for sure? i dont want to waste an inquiry and get denied. I see many banks have secure cards, like citi bank, bank of america, td bank. any real chance of getting approved for sure for a secure card. also which online lending service do you recommend. I saw kickoff had a great $1 a month service but they are not accepting new members. Other than Self?

I applied for a TDBank secured TDCash Rewards card three months after my discharge last year and was immediately approved.  Seven montly statements after I was approved, and six months to the day after my first charge my card was "unsecured".  I've read here some folks have gone many months, years even, without TD unsecuring their cards, so maybe the fact I paid my card off each month just prior to the due date had something to do with the quick conversion to an unsecured card.  Regardless, I cannot recommend TD enough.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.