Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discharged but won't report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discharged but won't report

hello,

I have a question about credit reporting after discharged chap.13. My mortgage lender refused to report me as owning a home one year after my chap 13 has been discharged. My lame attorney states she's "out of the loop" which means she got her money I guess. The mortgage lender gives me the run around every time I call One says the chap13 is automatically reaffirmed after discharge and another says I need to write a request. What can I do? I have paid every month and am currentThis lender wont refinance for 3 more years and I am to good to modify.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: discharged but won't report

Have you contacted your state's mortgage regulatory agency, the consumer affairs division of your state's attorney general's office and the local agencies and organizations helping debtors renegotiate, refinance or prevent mortgate foreclosure about your situation and what the lender is doing?

Also, are you putting your requests to them in WRITING? You MUST create a paper trail and demand they only contact you in writing. Write them, for example, request they do what you request and agree, in writing to do so or tell you, in writing, why they won't. If they refuse or don't respond, report them to your local AG's office--if you've found out they're violating your rights.

You may also need to hire another attorney--this time one that specializes in representing consumers against creditors, not a BK attorney. They're two different, though related, types of law. Search "consumer attorney" or "debtor attorney" either here or on a search engine. Contact them, tell them your story and see if they'll help. If what the mortgage lender is doing is not legal, you may have some recourse through the courts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.