Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good accounts wrongly marked IIB...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

good accounts wrongly marked IIB...

I had a Ch. 7 in 2005, disch 02/06.

My scores are all in the 620/630 range now.

However, looking over my EQ report, I see:

5 accounts that are incorrectly marked IIB that were in fact paid on time, and PIF well before I filed.  Most date back to '02 or '03, and I filed in '05.

TU shows 2 of those same accounts incorrectly marked but the other three are right.

EX shows 1 incorrectly marked as IIB.

In all cases, the creditor on these particular accounts are creditors that also had a loan that WAS IIB later.  Ex. Citifinancial...I had a loan IIB but a few years earlier had one that was NOT, but BOTH are marked that way.  I think when I disputed to CORRECTLY mark the ones IIB they assumed all loans by that creditor were IIB.  When I dispute again how do I avoid this?  It seems the CRA's are either dumb or lazy.

Will that many GOOD accounts not being included in my FICO scoring have that much of an effect being 5 years ago?

I do have 10 new tradelines since the BK (4 are deferred student loans) and wonder if it matters much.

Message Edited by Joe77 on 03-01-2008 08:48 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: good accounts wrongly marked IIB...

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Voodoo Economics....Voodoo Economics....

Sorry Joe I don't have any knowledge in this area but maybe this response will bump it and get some help for you.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe nobody else has experienced this.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you posted this in the BK forum?

Many of the regulars have "baddies" lates, collections but do not have experiance with BK- 

Almost everything I know about BK I have learned here.
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Moved to BK --after 82 reads on General Credit, I'm hoping you'll do better here, as Timothy suggested.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.